A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,564
Currently Running With Scissors:
179 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pringles Candles  (Read 6889 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Fortune_32

Crafty as a fox!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006 09:30:14 PM »

Those are so beautiful! I love the vibrant rainbow colors, they're gorgeous! Just curious - what did they smell like?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lexbean
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006 10:00:37 PM »

the name of the scent is something nondescript like "rainforest". they smell subtle and pretty, maybe a girly sandalwood?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! [email protected]

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006 10:15:35 PM »

I  absolutely  love  them!!!  teh  glass  is  nice to  but the  candles  definately  catch teh eye and  I bet he  scent does to..... I  love  being a ghetto stewart too!!!!   so  funny my hubby calls me  that  too.....  yes  teh best things made are the cheapest way done!   that  was  a  great  use of the old  cans!
Will you be  making  any to sell?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
lexbean
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006 11:06:59 PM »

thank you for all the kind words! it's nice to feel appreciated by such talented people, especially for a craft that was so time consuming. (my friend was VERY thankful, though.)

the candle holder was fun to do. i took her initials and designed that pattern, and then created a stencil for it out of masking tape before etching. she didn't see it was her initials at first--realized over a week later! made me feel good:)

i doubt i'd sell the candles, but if you want to work out some sort of personal swap (it would have to be next month for me) i would LOVE to--pm me. i <3 personal swaps.

hey check it out--i just made sushi candles from a diy kit:

i got the kit on etsy. how cute are these?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010 10:42:57 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Natural Starlet

Fashionista at Birth

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006 11:29:28 PM »

Those are marvelous!  You've inspired me to try this. I hope mine turn out as nice as yours.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! [email protected]

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006 06:23:32 AM »

great  job on the  sushi  is  that  bees wax???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
Blu
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006 07:46:04 AM »

Those are really cool! What knid of wax did you use? I made oj can candles a long time ago, but it was with friends, so I'm not sure what we used. We filled the cans with ice, and then poured the melted wax over it, and stuck them in the freezer. Once it's hardened, we let them sit out, and the ice melted, leaving hollow shapes. It's hard to explain.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lexbean
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2006 09:02:42 AM »

the sushi kit is beeswax. i bought the kit on etsy 'cause i love diy kits. and it's SO EASY to do i totally plan to buy more beeswax and continue on my own. what a cute gift!! and so fun to display with chopstix and stuff:)
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=20151
as for the pillar candles, i can't remember exactly what i used. i bought the large solid block of wax at michael's--whatever that stuff is. btw--i injured myself VERY badly a couple of month ago while cutting wax carelessly. the safest method is to buy granules, powder, or chunks, but if you buy the big block, be smart. for 10 years i've been doing it with a hammer and icepick, and the first time i tried a knife instead, i ended up in the emergency room. BAD BAD BAD.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ASH903208
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2006 09:14:25 AM »

Hey lexbean...
I know you said you got the diy kit off etsy.. But just out of curiousity.. Do you ever go to a store like walmart & whereever and buy those little kid sets?

Haha. I always want to do that.. but im scared it will turn out childish looking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:.*dental assistants do it orally*.:.
lexbean
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2006 09:48:00 AM »

i've gotten them for students that i mentor, but never for myself. i do them with the kids, though, and they are usually fun. just really simple usually, unless the instructions are terrible. and even if they turn out to be something too 'childish'-you can always buy different supplies and continue with the new craft you've learned in your own style. that's what's most fun about kits anyhow- making it your own:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...