A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 315,260
Currently Running With Scissors:
224 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Use What You Have Month  (Read 15237 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2006 05:45:57 PM »

I made this for my friend Sandra (who y'all know as lasandri) in exchange for some kewl microchip earrings! It's all from my stash, and the pattern is free here:

Vine Lasso Necklace (Crochet)

Emms  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

RandomCrafter

I like to Move It, Move It.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2006 05:58:23 PM »

ooh that's really pretty. I'm teaching myself crochet right now. I have the chain but I get confused about the slip stitch I thought I had it and then I realized I was doing single crochet LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sharc
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2006 07:45:28 PM »

thanks for all the one skein links everyone !!!  Cheesy
And emms.. .I just might take you up on the socks Sad that stuff just like confuses me!
ok. off to hide yarn Sad ..  .my order of knit picks came in  .. .. I got "the knitted teddy bear", and have been dying to make one Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
taped_on_wings
Queen of ill-fated physical comedy

Leave the politics to madmen

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2006 08:08:56 PM »

Since I've picked up spinning, I haven't really knit anything, but just yesterday bought some yarn for a swap.  I think me coming across this thread is an omen...seeing that as I stuffed what I had bought into my closet a huge, yarny landslide spilled out.  So, I shall join up.  Anyways, I've been meaning to use what I have to make as many cat toys that I can to donate (or sell and donate the money) to this awesome local cat shelter.   

~K
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.robotheartsquid.etsy.com
http://www.wists.com/taped_on_wings
http://theonlyevidence.blogspot.com/

Before birds get sucked into jet engines, do they ever think, "Is that Rod Stewart in first class?" ~Eddie Izzard
joesherryw
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2006 09:06:37 PM »

I want to say thanks for the one skein links too. They are awesome. Emms the necklace is beautiful. taped_on_wings I can't wait to see what you make, I'm pretty sure my kitty could use some more toys and some inspiration would be lovely. I have two thirds of my lap blanket done, and am just waiting to finish so I can start something new. Alright off to do homework and more housework, ack.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

atla

I play with string

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2006 06:24:21 AM »

I'm trying to stashbust too, so I'm making hats to donate to the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, and making four pairs of slippers for Mother's Day (mom, step-mom, MIL, step-MIL).  The slipper pattern is incredibly easy and quick.  I cast-on for one last night, and am close to being finished with it.  I made a pair when I first started knitting, so if anyone makes these, let me give one piece of advice:  no knots!! Do not knot the yarn before you weave in the ends, or you'll feel the knot and never, ever wear the slippers.  Oh yeah, here's the link:

http://www.geocities.com/knitwits_heaven/pocketbookslippers.html

I'll post a photo of mine when I'm done.

(Also, if anyone wants more info on the Pine Ridge situation, PM me.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RandomCrafter

I like to Move It, Move It.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2006 09:34:48 AM »

atla -- that pocketbook slipper pattern was the very first pattern i ever printed out but I never did it because at the time I didnt have the knitting skills to do them. I forgot about it but seeing that link again reminds me I should make some as a stashbusting project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bijouxmaster
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2006 02:37:55 PM »

ooh that's really pretty. I'm teaching myself crochet right now. I have the chain but I get confused about the slip stitch I thought I had it and then I realized I was doing single crochet LOL

we must be crochet twins - I did the exact same thing.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lupinbunny

the bunny with the loops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2006 02:26:34 AM »

i'm reusing the beautiful yarn from my terrible, terrible sock (i never made the second one) to make fingerless mitts.

marnie mclean's Hooray For Me gloves, actually.

then.. um.. i don't really know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cnp71201
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2006 01:45:09 PM »

Totally OT, but RandomCrafter - I loooooooove the shoes in your icon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Book Jewelry
Let's Spool Up!
Meatless Monday: Spinach and Cheese Gnocchi Bake

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...