A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,451
Currently Running With Scissors:
168 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Use What You Have Month  (Read 15265 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2006 01:24:46 PM »

I just posted this over in completed projects too- sorry for overlap-

The Sweet Mary Janes for my stepmother in law's  birthday

The pink yarn is leftover TLC Heathers in Lt. Mulberry that I had in my stash, and can act as a drawstring in case the slippers aren't tight enough- I made the small, because she is a size 6, but just to be sure.... I used two skeins of Daiso (2$ a skein) chunky grey wool from Japan, 4.5mm needles, and the Sweet Mary Janes pattern by Erin Vaughn

The yarn is all from my stash!

Emms Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marimbachick
High Priestess of the Temple of Sexiness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2006 05:22:33 AM »

cute slippers, Emms!

I just finished a poncho last night that took about 2.5 skeins of Lion Brand Homespun (mum bought me a lot of mill ends for my birthday last November and most of them are Homespun, which is pretty but PITA to work with).  I will post pics of that soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We need the Falkland Islands...for strategic sheep purposes."
sunshineknits
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2006 12:55:32 PM »

I just purchased some of the most beautiful crazy handspun yarn from alchemy yarns on ebay.
my boyfriend says "what? are you serious?... really.. you MUST be joking" pointing at my two suitcases
of beautiful yarn i have stowed away.
Then this morning i happen upon this knit-a-long.  i dont think thats a coincidence.  someone, somewhere, is trying to tell me something. 
I now realize i have a serious retail therapy problem.
I have decided to stow my new yarn purchases in a safe spot till my stash is seriously busted. 
I am going to use what i have this month, and see how much i can accomplish.  Then stay committed to stash busting so i can get to my gorgeous yarn my bf is holding hostage  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just because some of us can read and write and do a little math, that doesn't mean we deserve to conquer the Universe."
-Kurt Vonnegut Jr.  (1922-2007)
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2006 01:45:46 PM »

I am going to use what i have this month, and see how much i can accomplish.  Then stay committed to stash busting so i can get to my gorgeous yarn my bf is holding hostage  Wink

Lol! Welcome sunshine!

Emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RandomCrafter

I like to Move It, Move It.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2006 09:42:43 AM »

OOO OOO I'm IN! Hehe. I just bought 24 balls of sugar N cream for a blanket I'm working on for my 2 boys but even before that I had an ungodly amount of yarn so I'm gonna do a bunch of side projects while knitting the blanket. I'm starting off (after the idea from loisgriffinwannabe) doing a clapotis scarf with Black Simply Soft. I have 2 - 6 oz. skeins of it which is 660 yards so I should have enough to do a full Clapotis but #1 I don't want to chance it and #2 I'm only 4'11 so I don't want something that will be over powering on me (most patterns like this seem to be made for women 5'4 or taller! Thanks for the idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sharc
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2006 08:57:08 PM »

i think i need to join this. my family found my bins under the bed that are chock full of yarn. They haven't found the overflow bins as yet though. And added to that, I've been knitting less than a year now, and don't have that much to show for it. I just like the cool yarn, the colors, how it feels, and knitting. But I'm so obsessed with doing things perfect that I start, unravel, and start over, and then move on to something else. So I never use up the stuff. So I think this is something I need to do.
But I've a confession first. My LYS who I've strongly supported since I discovered them las tyear when I started knitting, is closing down. Last day if there's anything left is the last week in May. They've started off with a 25% discount. I *need* to get cheap yarn right?? After all .. .this is like a uhm. . .once-in-a-??-opportunity Huh right? .. . guys? .. . .help!! defend me here. . .I *need* to support them to the end, right? .. .right??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinydoom

*one of the ladies*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2006 11:22:33 AM »

Well a sale is a sale, as that sounds like a good one.  How about if you went to the sale and then declared a use what you have summer.  That's what I am going to do I think.  A month was not long enough to make much of a dent is my stash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RandomCrafter

I like to Move It, Move It.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2006 01:21:37 PM »

Well a sale is a sale, as that sounds like a good one.  How about if you went to the sale and then declared a use what you have summer.  That's what I am going to do I think.  A month was not long enough to make much of a dent is my stash.

I'm with you on this. I knit slow and I have a TON of yarn so a month will not do justice. My husband told me I could buy new yarn when I get to letter D in my ABC blanket but I'm there and well....I don't need anymore yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sharc
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2006 02:57:47 PM »

twilight021  Grin
hehehe, you're my newest best buddy. rofl. I decided that I'll uhmm.... approach it "respectfully". I've got a ton of stuff here that I always wanted to knit (yea, that and all the patterns in the world Wink), but I'll choose a few patterns, look at the reduced cost, buy the yarn and THEN declare myself to this kal Wink .. . .shhhh. . ..my name is sharc, and I'm an "almost-self-declared" yarnaholic. I buy yarn way too often, and then end up with overflowing yarn bins. .. ..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinydoom

*one of the ladies*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2006 03:37:39 PM »

Sharc...always happy to help :-)  I actually just started a shawl/wrap thingie with some homespun  I had in my bin.  I'm actually kinda getting into the "figureing out what to make with what I have" part of this.  It's making me be more creative, plus making the room for yarn is kinda fun...cause it involves know I can get more yarn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Intoxication Station
Tute Tuesday: Little Bunny Rabbit Toy
Hanging Around

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...