A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 320,274
Currently Running With Scissors:
188 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How do you like to knit socks???  (Read 2462 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

rockadot
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2006 02:20:25 PM »

I always wanted to do the 2 socks on 2 circs method, but mastering one sock was hard enough. I always got nast nasty ladders...so the truth is I've had better luck on DPNs, but I've never actually *finished* a sock...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lulu Clyde

Making it in Brooklyn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2006 05:29:55 PM »

I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about with magic loop until literally five minutes ago when I tried it for a sleeve.

I am hooked and going out tommorrow for a long size 1 circ to get back on board with the sock I started on some bamboo dpn's that stalled at 2 rows.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quatzical
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2006 05:41:16 PM »

dpns sort of because I like how they feel and I like having lots of skinny pokey sticks around, but mostly because that's how I started and that's what I have. I borrowed a couple of circular needles to try two wristwarmers at once and that was pretty fun too so I might have to experiment with that more since I lag so much on doing the second sock that I've finally convinced myself that I don't really need to make matching socks anyways.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Infiknitty: handspun yarn and glass knitting needles
http://www.infiknitty.batcave.net

Pepo Passion Blog: Squash and Art
http://www.quatzical.blogspot.com
Frew-Frew
Caution: Eye Irritant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2006 09:03:02 PM »

Brittany 5" dpns. I've been watching the people at the LYS use magic loop and the 2 circulars method and it gives me a headache.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chuck Norris does not knit. He bangs the table, and the shockwaves force the yarn to create clothing.

http://frousworld.blogspot.com/
ratpoop
tattooed rat mamma

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2006 10:09:12 PM »

Both socks at once on circular needles. I use a free pattern I found online called "double trouble". It's fast, easy, and at the end you have a pair of socks. No more "one sock syndrome", yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happy crafting, Shelly
juniperl13
The one with the stripes

you look like lunch to me! ^_^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2006 01:19:12 AM »

2 socks on one magic loop. No second sock syndrome and I don't have to make a note of any modifications I decided to make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

Also, I have a blog at  http://neglectedblog.blogspot.com/
lucylost
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2006 08:43:05 PM »

2 socks on 2 circs. I knit a lot on the bus or waiting for classes to start, so I like just dropping my knitting where it is into my backpack whenever I need to stop. My work never falls off the needles.

Also, I tend to forget what alterations or mistakes I have made in a pattern, so it is easier to be consistent when I am doing the same row on each sock at the same time.

I originally learned to knit socks on DPNs, but I only finished 3.5 socks that way. 1 pair, and 1.5 socks of different types. Plus, my stitches kept falling off and I had laddering problems. I am a pretty tight knitter, but the DPNs still had many more potential ladder sites than the 2 socks on 2 circs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK----

KCR++ Exp+ SPM- Bam++ Pl+ Addi+ Syn(-) Nov-- Cot+ Wool+ Lux? Hemp?>+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin-- Ent FI-@ Lace+ Tex++ Flat-- Circ+++ !DPN ML+++ !Swatch KIP++ Blog EZ+ FO- WIP+ GaugeF GaugeS+ GaugeDK+ GaugeW+ GaugeB- AltCr AltX

----END KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK----
Violet
constantly craftsterbating

and a half

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2006 04:25:22 PM »

i use dpns..i guess because that's how i learned. well, that, and the fact that i love dpns dearly.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: http://violetsknits.blogspot.com
preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '........................................................')
boycott sew fast, sew easy! visit www.freetostitchfreetobitch.org
Sereknitty
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2006 06:17:02 AM »

I am trying two circs for the first time.  I like the idea of doing two socks at once which is why I am doing it, but I think I am doing something wrong, as my yarn keeps getting all twisted up and inbetween the cables somehow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Most knitters drink tea or coffee whilst knitting..... I drink bourbon.
yogineo
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2006 12:28:41 PM »

I tried to circs and it didn't work out well for me.  I use the 5" wooden Brittany dpns and I adore them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Homemade Sauerkraut
@Home This Weekend: Stained Chairs
Tute Tuesday: Box of Chocolates Wreath

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...