A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 314,793
Currently Running With Scissors:
292 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: my Fit to be Tied  (Read 2148 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

firedupfairy
« on: March 20, 2006 06:21:31 PM »

When I first got my HH book, I couldn't wait to start a new project (despite the fact that I had just started and am still working on a project from SnBN). I picked something quick that I could work up with some left over yarn in my stash and made Fit to be Tied with baby blue Red Heart. The actual clutch has been done for several weeks now, but I finally got around to lining it today! I also added some plastic canvas to stiffen it up a bit. I may raid my mom's ribbon stash, if she has a bright pink, I may swap out my blue for something like that.

I also just finished Blissful, but I think I made it too small. I made a small, which is normally what I am, but I don't think I am for this project. I blocked it this morning, if it fits after that you'll see pics soon. If not, I'll have to try again and make the medium. I have plenty of yarn left.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2010 11:50:29 AM by fantasticmio - Reason: fixed code » THIS ROCKS   Logged

redheadedali

I don't know what that means. - Brennan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006 06:48:06 PM »

I love your lining.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This is why I suggested attack dogs, but no, my mother wanted an alpaca.- Logan, Veronica Mars

http://redheadedali.livejournal.com
amyb444
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006 08:34:09 PM »

This is going to sound weird, but you tie bows well. Mine always look stupid and I keep retying them and then they get all crinkly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tonicangel
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006 09:24:50 PM »

ok this will sound dumb...  Cheesy but how do you line a crochet bag? Is there a good site (preferably with visuals) that explains this? Its been a long day so maybe it's in the HH book and I just missed it. Thought I'd ask Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
firedupfairy
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006 07:04:30 AM »

This is going to sound weird, but you tie bows well. Mine always look stupid and I keep retying them and then they get all crinkly.

It took me a LONG time to get this bow to look right. Normally I do tie bows pretty nicely, I owe that to my mother~ she's as crafty as they come (she's even got her own monthly craft group). But like I said, it took me many, many tries to get this bow to look right. Just keep trying is all I can say, or play with it once you've got it tied, try to reshape the loops.

ok this will sound dumb...  Cheesy but how do you line a crochet bag? Is there a good site (preferably with visuals) that explains this? Its been a long day so maybe it's in the HH book and I just missed it. Thought I'd ask Smiley
This was not easy for me either. Well, it wasn't hard, it was just tedious because I'd never lined a bag before. I actually bought a sheet of plastic canvas from joanns to make it stiffer. Here's what I did:

1) I cut the sheet into two rectangles that matched the length and width of the purse (to the row just below the open area for the handle)
2) I laid my fabric wrong side facing down on the floor and placed the two rectangles lenghtwise with a small space in between

3) fold over the edges that run along the width of the rectangles and sew the sides down (both sides)

4) After sewing the sides, do the same for the tops.. Fold the fabric over the top of each rectangle and sew in place. You may need to trim around the corners.

Once you have the canvas covered, you can place it in the purse. Flip it over so the right side of the fabric is facing and fold it like a taco to place in the purse. then, all I did was hand sew (or pretty much tack) the top of the fabric covered canvas to the purse. Since I used a thread that matches the bag, you can't see it on the outside. It does show up on the lining (since it's a different color blue), but not too many people will have their noses in my bag to notice  Grin 

Hope this helps. There might be an easier way to do this, but since it was my first, this is what I came up with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Semlor aka Swedish Cream Buns
@Home This Weekend: Boho Wall Hanging
Tute Tuesday: Fabric Snail

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...