A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,564
Currently Running With Scissors:
138 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "A History of Pirates" notebook (stash swap 3 spoiler!)  (Read 1862 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Duckie

Fifty-seven academics just punched the air.

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2006 02:56:02 AM »

With a name like A History of Pirates, you would think this book would be incredible, right? Well, you'd be wrong. Luckily I got it out of the bargain section at Chapters so I had no qualms about cutting 'er up and making it into a blank notebook.

I cut out the pages with an exacto knife. I threw away all the pages, but first I scanned in the illustrations. Then I printed them out on plain old 8.5 x 11" paper, and along with lots of other blank pages I cut them to size. Then, using two pieces of sturdy cardboard as covers, I sewed them up using the coptic stitch. Next I glued the cardboard onto the inside covers of the book, then I glued flyleafs printed onto cardstock on top of that. The pattern on the flyleafs is from Reprodepot (best resource ever) and the front one reads "This book be the property of:" in the font Rapscallion from Dafont.

Leafs and pages:

One of the illustrations:

This is probably the best book I've ever made now. It's got everything right, I think. Right now it's winging its way to Florida for stargirl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Queen Of Fools

Avast, me hearties, yo ho!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006 07:12:13 PM »

This notebook totally rocks!  AND I must say I think I looked at this book on Amazon to buy once, so you also just save me from a bad purchase, too. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

g-uknit
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006 08:37:10 PM »

i love this!! good way to make use of a fabulous title that the author clearly misused... whoever is on the recieving end of that swap will be pleased. =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...