A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,622
Currently Running With Scissors:
142 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stitch'n'Bitch in Brisbane?<<NOW ORGANISED>> details on page 2  (Read 42468 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
jane feebles
« on: March 10, 2006 12:18:33 AM »

Does anyone know of a knitting/crocheting group in Brisbane, or any Brisbanites who're interesting in joining one?
I really want to hook up with some other crafty peeps.  I know Threads and More run classes, but I'm not really keen on joining a group attached to a shop (especially one that I personally find a bit mumsy)
If there isn't anything going I might start looking at setting one up in the inner city area if I can find enought people to join.  We could hire a room at a bowls club or something, and have cheap midis while we knit!!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006 11:28:56 PM by jane feebles » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you stitch? Do you bitch? Do you live in BrisVegas?? http://brisbanesnb.wordpress.com/

sighing, she stared wist-fully across the crowded buffet table
sparrowdesigns
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006 08:53:49 PM »

Hi!

I can't say I'm aware of any. I've had a look (but not that hard) recently and most seem to be connected to school or church groups (these are general craft groups).

I'll be watching this thread with interest. Where's Threads & More anyways?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jane feebles
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006 09:16:23 PM »

Bardon, on the westside.
Where do you live?  I was thinking I could try to start one at the New Farm Neighbourhood centre, they have a community room you can hire really cheap
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you stitch? Do you bitch? Do you live in BrisVegas?? http://brisbanesnb.wordpress.com/

sparrowdesigns
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006 02:38:54 PM »

I'm on the outer north, near Carseldine QUT. But I work at the QUT at KG.
I'm only available in the afternoons, like about 3-4:30, or during my lunchbreak, on the weekdays . I've got sport on the weekends.

I had thought about starting one up here on campus, esp. since there's lots of creative types here (Creative Industries faculty). There's always space in the refectory and the student guild has some lounge spaces and then there's just rooms that can be booked.

New Farm would be good too, though I don't usually venture down that way much. I'll continue to watch what's going on here. Surely there's more Brisbane craftsters than just us two.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ianthe
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006 04:46:08 PM »

OMG, how exciting!  Grin
You can definitely count me in.
Both new farm and kelvin grove are easy for me to get to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wildflower
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006 09:48:12 PM »

I'd be very interested.
New Farm, KG, anywhere close to the city, is easy for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jane feebles
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006 11:40:28 PM »

You know, I think we're getting enough people to start this soon  Smiley
I think after work on a weekday evening would be the best time.  Does anyone want to nominate a day?
Wednesdays are out for me.
Once we sort out a day we'll get a venue and I'll advertise with a couple of posters.  Maybe sparrowdesigns can advertise it on the QUT email too.  Do they still have that weekly email newsletter for creative industries?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crow Jane
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006 04:16:59 AM »

I would be very interested in attending anything held in the City/Valley/any inner city suburb. I live at Newmarket and have a car so I can go pretty much anywhere (not Redcliffe or Logan kind of distances, though).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ianthe
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006 07:48:08 PM »

You know, I think we're getting enough people to start this soon  Smiley
Yay, can't wait  Cheesy Out of curiosity, what is everyone's stich of choice? I've recently taken up crochet again, it's amazing how quickly it all comes back to you, like riding a bike. I want to learn how to knit again too, but for now I'm concentrating on crochet, my to do list of projects is already very long  Cheesy
I think after work on a weekday evening would be the best time.  Does anyone want to nominate a day?
Wednesdays are out for me.
Things change from week to week for me so most evenings are good for me, even weekends.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jane feebles
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006 08:13:36 PM »

I do both, I used to prefer crochet, but now i'm into knitting again, it changes.
I figure if you are or know anyone who does something crafty and portable like embroidery or small sewing or whatever certainly join in, it's just fun to work with people.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
July 17, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament
Three's a Charm

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...