A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News: Kindness Craft Challenge   Vote for your favorite entry by Sunday, October 15!
Total Members: 314,448
Currently Running With Scissors:
249 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Takin Care of Business...  (Read 1410 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

DizzerSpinninRound

Homeschoolin mama of 5 little cowboys

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2004 12:19:53 PM »

I want to go into business with my friend, but I don't know how we should approach it. Should we use ebay, or should we put items up for sale on our website? Huh
[/font]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dramaqueen0487

Make a Wish....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004 12:58:16 PM »

It really depends what you are selling and how much traffic you get to your site already.  You also could put your stuff in local shops.  If you really aren't getting much traffic to your site, there are website companies that help with that.  Make sure to ask about optimizing which is the order your site shows up when people google say handmade bags...

eBay already gets good traffic, but sometimes items are sold too low, so make sure to have a starting bid.

I hope my advice helps.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004 01:00:57 PM »

I've found this thread about ebay really useful! Many people have weighed in with their own perspectives and experiences - https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=2972.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
polishsnowmobiler

LIVIN' IT UP O.G. IN THE OC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004 10:25:39 AM »

i say use both!! ebay can be used as a side to attract more traffic. like dramaqueen said though, items are usually sold too low. like i was just searching for "diy handbags" and was watching this auction, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3489367648&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
and i think that bag was worth more... and i think it's also good to ebay cause i think people are hesistant to buy through an "unknown" website.
but ebay would be cool if you could make something nice, but quickly and fairly cheap to make, i think you'd make a profit. 

« Last Edit: December 15, 2006 09:52:00 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

DizzerSpinninRound

Homeschoolin mama of 5 little cowboys

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004 01:57:36 PM »

Thank you thank you thank you all so much! I've really been at odds wondering what to do. I don't really know what my friend is going to sell besides purses and random articles of clothing. I will be selling reconstructed purses, jewelry, accesories, knitted and crocheted thingies, and whatever else. I've already thought of a name for the website and all, but I haven't made it. The webbie I have now won't do, so I'll have to make a new one.
Question: Does ebay charge you for putting stuff up for auction?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
el_fin_de_nada
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2004 07:25:14 PM »

in response to your questions, basic ebay listing is .35 for insertion.  if you want to display a photo along with the listing (gallery item) add .25...they offer lots of other extras but if you stick with these two, you'll do great.  oh, and ebay also takes a percentage of what the final selling price is, i don't remember what that percentage is. ssorry.  hope that helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Creamy Spinach and Potato Baked Eggs
@Home This Weekend: Hamper Revamp
Tute Tuesday: Felt Owl Costume

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...