A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,897
Currently Running With Scissors:
465 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: yummy breakfast rolls...help!  (Read 937 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
bigeyes
« on: March 04, 2006 02:23:35 PM »

Does anyone know how to make rolls ahead of time and refrigerate them?  I know it stops or slows down the rising, but how far ahead of time do you take them out of the fridge before baking? 

I'm trying to make cinnamon rolls and orange rolls ahead of time so we can have them on weekday mornings.

Also, there was a Phillapino bakery in a nearby town that made something they called 'senorita bread.'  These were just a sweet dough formed in a tube shape with cinnamon sugar rolled up inside.  Not too sweet, but delicious.  Anyway, the store closed and we have a serious jones for these!  anyone heard of them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you can't lie no better than that......you might as well tell the truth.
muahtimespi
Mallisa

If you're laughing, you're living.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006 06:58:36 AM »

if you let them rise in a warmish place first, then you can refrigerate them... it also helps after you take them out of the refrigerator to bake them, leave the oven door cracked for about 5 minutes first. that makes them rise a little one last time before you close it to bake them all the way.

hope i helped. i learned all of this in my culinary class =)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006 07:04:59 AM by muahtimespi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It may have been in bits and pieces, but I gave you the best of me."
bigeyes
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006 09:01:57 AM »

yay!  thanks!  I look at those frozen cinnamon rolls from the grocery store and it doesn't seem like it would be too hard, but I really hate cooking failures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Flea
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006 04:15:54 PM »

I have made cinnamon rolls the night before lots of times, p.m. me if you want the recipe........You can also make baking powder rolls, lots faster than yeast, a different texture though.  If you can find it, the Fleischmann's Bake-it-Easy Yeast Book is very good.  There is a section called Rising on ice all about refrigerator rising.  This is my most used bread book, I rally recommend it!
LSE
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bigeyes
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006 07:45:40 AM »

I'll have to look for it.  Is the cinnamon roll recipe the one with frozen dough?

I'm wondering if I can freeze my own rolls to bake later???

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006 01:19:13 PM »

You can also put them in the freezer. If you're looking to keep them all week, your dough could suffer in the fridge. It wants to expand, and it will.

Also, when refrigerating dough, the sugars will rise to the surface, so don't be surprised if your baked goods look browner than they normally would. It's just the sugar cooking on top.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bigeyes
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006 10:13:55 PM »

hmm...I'm going to have to find a package of those frozen cinnamon rolls and read the ingredients...

If I weren't so lazy, I'd just get up a couple of hours before the rest of the house and make the darned things for breakfast!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
November 20, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Map Paper Pinecones
Ode To Coffee

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...