A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,559
Currently Running With Scissors:
178 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Flapperish or 1930's Cloche Hat with Flower - - Pattern Too!  (Read 115191 times)
Tags for this thread: cloche , featured_project , hat , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
j_rabbette
read my blog, damnit!

fat-bottom girls...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2004 10:56:09 PM »

Here is my newest hat.  Let me know what you all think... I used the scalloped edging from syko's hat and the flower placement from arabella's hat...

PEACE

Jessy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arabella
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2004 06:26:03 AM »

You know I just can't get enough of this thread.  I look everyday to see if there is a new hat up.  Everyone's hat is so cute and so distinctly different, I love it! 

Arabella... I think your hat is great.  I also pain over the placement of the infamous flower... I think your placement looks great, kinda "salsa-esque".

Jessy

I'm doing the same thing!  checking it all the time, I mean.

yay ok you got my placement exactly! I was going for a tropical flower-behind-the-ear look.

your last hat is awesome too - is that a button you used in the middle of the flower?

oh my gosh I have to go start my sister's hat!!

Beppycat, the pattern is so, so, good!  even my boyfriend wants me to adapt it slightly to make him a [muslim] prayer hat.  maybe without the flower...  Smiley

Jessy, you know what's funny about your signature?  in spanish "la red" means "the network"!  it's like long live the network connection to craftster so we can keep making and posting cute hats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
slystr
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2004 06:38:09 AM »

I'm still trying to replicate my pointy end hat with no luck Cry
My pix is about to dissapear because I use photoisland.
 If anyone can give me a tip on how to get that pointy bit ( it has something to do with how I did the joining/increasing/new round  part) I would be eternally greatful.
 will trade homdmade soap for help!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
arabella
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2004 09:16:48 AM »

I would do anything for some homemade soap!  but unfortunately I can't figure out how you got the point.  I was trying to figure it out when I did my hat, and at a certain point I remember thinking, oh maybe... but the thought is looooong gone.  ok I am going to try and replicate it.  but not right now.  wishing you luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sewstrange
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2004 10:32:23 AM »

could someone please post instructions on how to do the scallop edging? I would like to try that on another hat. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
j_rabbette
read my blog, damnit!

fat-bottom girls...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2004 08:05:49 PM »

Scalloped Edging: Techniques vary.  I think syko used a simple {sc, 5dc, sc} pattern (the same pattern as used in the hat's flower) whereas I use a {sc, hdc, dc,tr (treble crochet), dc, hdc} pattern.  Any pattern which increases and then decreases again will create a scalloped edging.  The fewer the stitches the higher the frequency of the scallop, the more stitches, the lower the frequency of the scallop. 

I can't really find any resources on the web that show how to do the kind of scalloping syko and I did.  Their versions all look much more complicated.

I'd be happy to answer any specific questions as best I can though...

PEACE

good luck

Jessy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sexie_Leopard
« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2004 07:34:03 AM »

This is my first real crochet project.  I love how it came out.  What do yous think? 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
xswtnmeltx
« Reply #117 on: November 23, 2004 11:37:20 PM »

does anyone have a picture of the crown of the cloche. mine looks weird to me. i want to see if i did something wrong.  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BeppyCat
I've never licked a spark plug.

www.beppycat.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: November 26, 2004 05:22:47 PM »

Sorry I don't have a pic of the very top of it, but it should just look like a solid circle until you start the lacey type stitch rows.  Hope that helps?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And I don't look good in leggings.

http://beppycat.blogspot.com/
Lurkers and commentors welcome.
Lots of crocheting and sewing and knitting!  Pretty much my life for your consumption.
Treasure Cat
« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2004 02:04:01 PM »

I just finished making this hat and I absolutely love it!!!  Thanks for a great pattern Beppycat!  I'll post a pic as soon as my husband gets home and can take it for me. (I tried taking a pic in the mirror, but it didn't turn out)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Sweater Snake
Tute Tuesday: Take Anywhere Picnic Playset
Crafting For Good

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...