A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,450
Currently Running With Scissors:
202 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wholesale or bulk supplies for crafty stuff in B.C.?  (Read 989 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

swift

That's never a pit bull!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 28, 2006 08:18:39 AM »

I'm starting up a free youth craft group in Chilliwack, B.C., and I heard there are places you can get the supplies for making soaps, bath bombs, etc. at wholesale (I have a PST number and have a small business registration number) or bulk prices. I don't have a lot of money to spend, so the cheaper, the better. I can use the 40% coupon at Michael's for one product, but it would be easier if I could just find a wholesaler or something similar. Can anyone offer any suggestions? (The group is going to be at the library and it's free to the kids -- the library and a few other organizations are offering money for supplies! -- so if you know any youth 10 to 16 who might be interested PM me and I can forward the scheduling information when it's ready!)

As a note, I'd be happy to take information about other inexpensive places for supplies for other crafts -- card making, resin casting, polymer clays etc. -- as we plan to try everything at least once!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It's not an obsession. It's a quest for excellence!"
kraftiekatie
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006 01:28:25 PM »

For local companies you might try cranberrylane.com for bath products supplies.  They have a retail store in Port Moody and a catalogue and will tell you how to purchase wholesale.  There is also Green Valley Aromatherapy on the Island at 57aromas.com - they may be a source of info on other companies even if they do not have what you are looking for.  For craft supplies you might try East-West Gift - they have a warehouse/showroom on Burrows Rd in Richmond - look up online at ewg.com I think.  I'm not sure what they now carry but they're good to deal with.  Have you asked Michaels or other retailers if they would give you a GOOD discount as it is for a charitable/non-profit endeavor?  If you're not buying in great quantities for each item, it might be worth it to have your entire shopping list for all the supplies you will need and speak to the manager about a discount.  There are others - have you checked the Vancouver yellow pages?
Katie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Little Bunny Rabbit Toy
Hanging Around
Meatless Monday: Cinnamon Pecan Scones

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...