A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,620
Currently Running With Scissors:
170 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: checkbook cover/pillow {photos}  (Read 2498 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
xveganettex
« on: February 21, 2006 04:30:24 PM »

so..my old checkbook cover was looking pretty aweful...and ripped up..so i made one with some scrap materials  Grin

http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL845/2883437/5938041/130299124.jpg
http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL845/2883437/5938041/130299127.jpg

soooo much better than the crappy plastic one the bank gave...hehe Smiley

i forgot to trim the inside extra string though before i sewn it up! argh! stupid stupid! but it was my first try..so atleast i'll hopefully remember next time!
oh it also has inside pockets to hold the checks and deposit slips and credit cards and what have yous  Tongue

i also made a pillow...but the picture is kinda crappy/makes it look really bad

but here it is anyways  Smiley
http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL845/2883437/5938041/130299130.jpg

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011 11:59:01 AM by LimeRiot - Reason: image housekeeping » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Listener15
Just call me Listy

Keep me away from Craftster will ya! Ha!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006 07:35:13 PM »

Heh, if you get tired you can just rest your head  Wink  It reminds me of those cloth book covers my mom uses.  But anyway, great job! Bet it looks better than your old checkbook cover, I know how icky those can get.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xveganettex
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006 06:07:27 AM »

Heh, if you get tired you can just rest your head  Wink  It reminds me of those cloth book covers my mom uses.  But anyway, great job! Bet it looks better than your old checkbook cover, I know how icky those can get.
haha yea it does..my bank cover thing was almost completly ripped in half and was covered in old faded stickers and such..
hehe it does sort of remind me of those book thingys i think because i used a weird fluffy interfaces so it would hold its shape a bit...i didnt have anything else to use though  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xladyluckx
Hiatus over...back to crafting.

woo woo!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006 01:07:09 PM »

Awesome idea for the checkbook cover! I am going to try to make one..the one the bank sends is free, but UGLY. Maybe that is why I keep it in a drawer and not with me most of the time...haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ASH903208
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006 07:45:26 AM »

I love it. How did ya do it? Just sew some flaps??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:.*dental assistants do it orally*.:.
xveganettex
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006 03:08:57 PM »

I love it. How did ya do it? Just sew some flaps??

pretty much! Cheesy

i traced the old checkbook cover 3 times on the pink fabric...then once on a piece of stiff polyester material...

then  once they were all cut out,

i cut the stiff polyester material piece  and one of the pink fabric pieces in half (the  halfed pink fabric piece will be the 2 pockets in the inside..and the halfed polyester flaps will help hold the shape of the checkbook cover....)

on the pocket pieces i hemed the top of them so they wouldnt fray

then i layed one of the whole pieces on my bed and placed the pockets on it as ide want it to look on either side  (on the side of the fabric you want showing)
and then placed the other whole piece ontop of it carefully so that both of the sides you want to show were touching, being careful not to move the pockets..

then i placed the stiff polyester pieces on top of the whole piece on the side thats should now be showing and pinned

then i sewn around the edges leaving open 2 small holes on each end for the ribbon to tie it (and to fold it inside out)

so after sewing around pull it inside out and it should resemble a checkbook cover....then place some ribbon in the holes that were left open and sew around the edges again to make it look neat

i hope that helped! i suck at trying to explain things! i can try in paint if you want   Smiley
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006 03:13:22 PM by xveganettex » THIS ROCKS   Logged
polaritygirl
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006 04:38:15 AM »

Way cute!

Polaritygirl
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mimi055
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006 04:01:23 AM »

Cute idea~checkbook cover Shocked Love it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mAsQuErAdInG aS A nOrMaL pErSoN eVeRyDaY iS eXhAuStInG!!!
barraGOUDA
Gigantic Dork

I am a gigantic dork.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006 09:08:07 AM »

Ooh, I love it! I work at a bank and I get tired of staring at our ugly plastic covers all the time... Yours is so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Support your local locksmith: lose your keys.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament
Three's a Charm
Meatless Monday: Fruit Pizza

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...