A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,559
Currently Running With Scissors:
171 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: First time trying a craft fair  (Read 2676 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Nicole Randome
« on: June 24, 2004 06:03:06 AM »

I've been invited to do a booth at a high school fundraising craft fair, and I'm seriously considering it for some quick cash flow.  Wink

It's at the end of July, and I'm just wondering which kind of products I should focus on? This I guess will be parents and friends of drill team members, so maybe jewelry? Felted purses? Record bowls or album cover totes?

This is a pretty small fair and very cheap booths so it might be a good chance to get my feet wet, you know? I just don't know which direction to go. Any thoughts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftygurl
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004 06:35:52 AM »

I think it would be a good idea to sell jewelry, easy purses, and other simple stuff. You should maybe give out buisness cards or something so they can recommend you to their friends, and you can get more buisness! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nicole Randome
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004 06:38:28 AM »

Good idea! Jewelry and purses are the fastest things to make anyway. Oh, and a bunch of marble magnets!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pipu

pipu said "peep!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004 09:28:57 AM »

As a veteran craft-fair vendor, this is what has worked best for me:  have 2 or 3 big, expensive items that will draw people's attention over to your table, and have the rest of the items you're selling be relatively inexpensive.  This how I stock my table, and it works pretty well.  People see the big items, get excited and come over and ask the price.  When I say "that's $60", they look a little sad (like they can't afford it), and then I say "but all these items here are in the $5-25 range", and they usually buy something smaller.  And every once in a while, someone does buy one of the bigger items, and that is a huge boost (income and ego-wise!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nicole Randome
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004 10:42:27 AM »

pipu, that's brilliant!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sewing stars
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2004 11:08:18 AM »

Great minds think alike...That stadegy works really well. My friend and I have been doing that. It was actually her idea. We made quilted art (small quilt tops, like 30"x30", stretched over strecher bars and made hangable) to use as a sort of back drop for our stuffed creatures. It is great! People see them come closer to the table and then see the tons of stuffed creatures on the table too.

Here is a pic (with my friend in it!):

Maybe make some really big handbags/totes stand them up in back and put your smaller lower priced stuff like jewelry up front.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.sewingstars.com
never forget how to fly...
rmember_myreply
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2004 11:10:22 PM »

http://www.hobbylobby.com/site3/projects/HL-183/HL-183.htm

these would be a BIG hit with drill team members, in school colors... i used to be on drill team and we were always looking for something to show our team as unique during award ceremonies Smiley it would be a cute gift for the parents of the squad to buy for their daughters. also, maybe fleece boas? or fleece no-sew blankets in school colors??

http://www.joann.com/content/projects/projectsDisplay.jhtml?articlePath=%2Fcontent%2Fprojects%2Fstatic%2Fnew%2Fno_sew_fleece_blanket.jhtml

the possibilities are endless!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Sweater Snake
Tute Tuesday: Take Anywhere Picnic Playset
Crafting For Good

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...