A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 314,388
Currently Running With Scissors:
167 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Monster Make Better  (Read 1934 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

retrokitty
rad to the bone

The New Year brings lots of crafting!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 21, 2004 04:31:11 PM »

I was looking through craftster and I saw this post and I thought it would make a good project to do while I was working out.  And it did.  One day, I was making an orange monster when it occured to me that these little guys would make great gifts for kids in the hospital.  And thus, Monster Make Better was born!  I've already contacted a hopsital near me and they're very excited about working with me. 

Anyway, if you want to learn more about MMB or start up a chapter near you, please visit http://monstermakebetter.com or email me at DrScully2u@aol.com.

Also:  I'm looking for people to advertise on the site.  If you want to advertise your site or store on the page, PM me for a price list.  The money made from this will go to buy more felt.

http://monstermakebetter.com
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004 08:54:42 PM by retrokitty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

Check out my crafting blog @ http://sillypanda.wordpress.com & Send me a link to yours, I love reading new blogs!
purple_hippo
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004 04:39:30 PM »

Whilst I'm sorry to say that at the moment, I can't help out, I think it's a FABULOUS idea! Sick lil kiddies will adore you. You can be the...uh....monster godmother? well maybe not. GREAT idea though! (And *if* I ever get around to starting my own site I'll contact you about linking you...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftaholic on the loose....I just....     ...need...          ...one...               ...more...                    ...shot...                         ...of craftahol...
Girlinsoop

Someday, rabbit, I will finally finnish a project.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004 04:41:59 PM »

I love these monsters and have been toying around all sorts of ideas for them. I am going to a Stitch n Bitch tomorrow night...I'll see if anyone is interested in starting a chapter!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
retrokitty
rad to the bone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004 04:43:14 PM »

purple_hippo - Bah, just because you can't advertise doesn't mean you can't HELP!  Take a look around the site.  Even if you can't go as far as starting a whole chapter, make a couple monsters and mail them to me!  I'll give them out!

Girlinsoop - that would be great, thanks so much!  :-D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004 09:44:41 PM by retrokitty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

Check out my crafting blog @ http://sillypanda.wordpress.com & Send me a link to yours, I love reading new blogs!
purple_hippo
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004 12:06:23 AM »

Hmmm a local chapter in Australia...there's an idea!
And trust me, if I could sew, I would (sadly, that's not my forte)
so 'bah' to you (but still great idea!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftaholic on the loose....I just....     ...need...          ...one...               ...more...                    ...shot...                         ...of craftahol...
Girlinsoop

Someday, rabbit, I will finally finnish a project.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004 05:19:14 AM »

Retrokitty - What about posting patterns on your site? I love making the monsters, but I am at a loss in the design department Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
retrokitty
rad to the bone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004 08:33:55 AM »

The patterns are included in the local chapter starter kit, but I guess I could post a few on the site.  LOL, the patterns were supposed to be incentive to make a chapter.

Ha - perhaps it would help if I listed what was actually in the kit...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

moonlyte
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2004 08:16:57 AM »

I'd definitely love to start a chapter here... I've emailed you about it! Moonlyte
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Buster Small Bag
Save Your Place
Meatless Monday: Black Bean & Caramelized Onion Tacos

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...