A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,621
Currently Running With Scissors:
197 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Project Linus "Make A Blanket Day" Feb. 18  (Read 751 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
bbonnn
I'm holding in my hand a box of small chocolate bunnies.

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2006 10:41:33 AM »

Hi. Got scraps? Stash need pruning? I found a cool opportunity to make use of extra fabric and get a quilt done in a day ... on Make A Blanket Day ...

Heard of Project Linus? Then you probably know what this is all about.

I've never worked with Project Linus, so I'm speaking theoretically rather than from experience, but they seem like a good group. I found 'em on the web. They gather new handmade quilts, afghans and fleece blankets and distribute them to children and teens in need - hospitals, shelters and the like.

Feb. 18 is the sixth annual "Make A Blanket Day." Here. Read. http://www.projectlinus.org/mabd.shtml If someone here is affiliated with Linus, they may have more to say. But the deal appears to be this: you make a new blanket, find your local Project Linus chapter, bring them your blanket, and they take care of the distribution and logistics.

My goal is to teach some friends how to quilt on Feb. 18, using the snuggle up pattern as a guide, and bring a few blankets to the local chapter.

So, there you have it. Of course you can make a charity blanket/quilt any time of the year. But just thought I'd point out Feb. 18 as a special day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
July 17, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament
Three's a Charm

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...