A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,451
Currently Running With Scissors:
158 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: High Heels Help  (Read 3796 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

modgirl
Vinyl, Lipstick, & DIY

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2006 12:37:18 PM »

Ok this isn't a very crafty question, but for those experts out there, how do you wear very high heels for an entire night?  It's not my choice of shoes, so any advice on dealing with the pain?  So far, people have said aspirin and bandages.  Anything else I should know?  Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sew Be It

looking for a Readymade issue
kinkyknit
Pathological Knitter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006 12:38:50 PM »

Scholl Party Feet:

http://www.scholl-footcare.com/uk/whats_new/party_feet.asp
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kimmykat
get out of my trash.

take it easy, your wired to detonate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006 12:45:14 PM »

put a bandaid on any pressure point
THIS ROCKS   Logged

im going to live forever or die trying.
modgirl
Vinyl, Lipstick, & DIY

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006 12:46:26 PM »

Thank you guys for the recommendations.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sew Be It

looking for a Readymade issue
LRS
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006 12:22:41 PM »

Get shoes that really fit well.  You may have to try on a lot of them.  Ask the salesperson for help in fitting.  If it pinches when you try it on, it's only going to get worse as the evening goes on.

LRS
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bags & purses:  Elaress.etsy.com
fabric bowls & boxes: ElaressAtHome.etsy.com
radio show/webcast:  www.FrugalYankee.com
moefen
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006 09:36:16 PM »

Also, when trying them on, find a shoe that the bottom of your foot sits perfectly on, all the way from the ball of your foot to the heel.  If your whole foot is supported your feet won't get so tired.

If your find one with the perfect fit, buy all your shoes from them, cause they use a last that is designed just like your foot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Arashala

Got a razorblade hat with a knife in the brim...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006 05:28:37 PM »

I wear 3-4" heels <i>quite</i> often for entire days/nights, working, clubbing, catching local bands etc. The best advice I can give is wear heels often, if for only a few hours a day/every other day. It <i>will</i> build up a nice hard patch on the ball of your foot, but hey, you can have pretty feet or look hot effortlessly in heels. You almost have to wear them often to make them tolerable, I wear heels almost every day and my 4 inchers don't give me a problem unless it's an 18-hour day. And <b>make sure your shoes are broken in well</b>. Before I EVER think about wearing a new pair of heels out I wear them to do everyday things at home, like dishes and cooking and going up & down the stairs. Put bandaids at tight contact points when doing this, it will still break in the heel, but not your skin. You can also get things like shoe inserts that go at the ball of your foot to make them more comfortable, I personally haven't tried them, but I'm sure someone has. Also, try and find a shoe that has at least a minimal of arch support, most don't but when you find them, it's worth it. There is actually a company that makes support-heels and inserts for shoes that are supposedly invisible in even strappy shoes. Made by a rocket scientist. No, really. It's a company called Insolia. Check them out, and let me know if they work! Hope this has been of some help.

Edit: also, when standing, shift your weight back to the heel as much as you can, and never leave your weight on one foot for too long. And walking where the heel of your lead foot is directly (or almost directly) in front of your other toe makes walking a lot easier. And the wider the heel (like stacked or chunky ones) are always more comfy in my opinion.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006 05:32:34 PM by Arashala » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't matter how you get your love, just make sure that you do, if I can do it bet your ass that you can do it too..." -from Don't Matter

"Just a little slice of heaven....and a little taste of hell..."  -from Slice of Heaven

both by Mama Sweet (kick ass band FYI)
LilMissPink
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006 02:49:08 PM »

Hmm... well some people (including me) naturally have the feet for 3" and higher heels comfortably and have similar aches when wearing sneakers (weird, but true). I have been told though, to make sure to soak your feet no matter what! Especially if they are heavy heels.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everybody likes pink. People who think otherwise are in denial.
Arashala

Got a razorblade hat with a knife in the brim...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006 04:27:27 PM »

Hmm... well some people (including me) naturally have the feet for 3" and higher heels comfortably and have similar aches when wearing sneakers (weird, but true). I have been told though, to make sure to soak your feet no matter what! Especially if they are heavy heels.

I feel your pain....I look goofy in flats b/c it screws my feet up & I walk funny! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't matter how you get your love, just make sure that you do, if I can do it bet your ass that you can do it too..." -from Don't Matter

"Just a little slice of heaven....and a little taste of hell..."  -from Slice of Heaven

both by Mama Sweet (kick ass band FYI)
LilMissPink
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006 05:16:49 PM »

I feel your pain....I look goofy in flats b/c it screws my feet up & I walk funny! Tongue
Cheesy SAME
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kinkyknit
Pathological Knitter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006 06:43:31 AM »

I have been told though, to make sure to soak your feet no matter what! Especially if they are heavy heels.

Do you mean soak before or after wearing!! (I'm thinking probably after, but I thought I'd better ask!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemma
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006 07:10:49 AM »

The latest celeb craze is to get botox injected into the soles of the feet which stops the pain. Now, I'd never have it injected in my face...but the idea of being able to wear 4" heels without that burning pain is definitely tempting!

I use scholl party feet though. Those, and a nice hefty dose of alcohol. After a while, you forget the pain Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty Crafty - knitting, crochet, sewing, customising and everything in between
lbdancer123

Where the HELL is my chiffon?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006 07:45:17 AM »

as a dancer, i know what you're going through... dancing in heels is not fun. here is a link for little pads for the ball of your foot- you can move them to different pairs of shoes, and shouldn't show.
http://www.discountdance.com/frame_set.php3?mf=/dancewear/page_GIFTACC_p1.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LilMissPink
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006 10:59:41 AM »

I have been told though, to make sure to soak your feet no matter what! Especially if they are heavy heels.

Do you mean soak before or after wearing!! (I'm thinking probably after, but I thought I'd better ask!!)

After, but maybe before could do some good. Hmm...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frankeknitter
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010 09:00:39 PM »

Whenever you can sit down practice curling your toes in or out of your shoe
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Little Bunny Rabbit Toy
Hanging Around
Meatless Monday: Cinnamon Pecan Scones

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...