A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,842
Currently Running With Scissors:
295 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter - Ginny Weasley Hat (GoF Style) Now with Pattern on Page 2!  (Read 75755 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , hat , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
knit_north
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2007 04:25:35 PM »

ok - i really love this hat - i know this is an older post but totally lovely
m
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itscute
Blimy

I live like a hermit in my own head.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2007 11:23:04 AM »

i didn't make a weasley hat... it's more of a decoration for the top of my head...

i sorta misread the directions and thought i could get away with it... ( where it said garter stitch 3 rows, meant 3 rows actual rows, not just the one full row, but 3 times... oh i don't know how to explain it... just know i did one, not 3)  it seemed to be looking good, until i started decreasing.
and when it was finished, i tried it on...and well... oops!  BUT

It was my first hat, first circular needle project... I'm just happy that i conquered my circular obstacle!! this is something i could do in one evening, so i might cast on another one tomorrow!

thanks again for the pattern goldfish girl.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

GoldfishGirl

Amorphous Big Red Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2007 02:20:09 PM »

It looks fantastic for a first try. Great job on getting over your fear of circs! Sorry I didn't make the garter stitch thing clear enough. But way to go hon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/goldfishgirl

I'm always up for Personal Swaps! I can knit and sew. What can you do? Let's trade!
itscute
Blimy

I live like a hermit in my own head.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2007 06:33:11 PM »

ok so after that disasterous first top of head decoration, I casted on another right away, but ran out of the yarn about 55% into the hat... so I just stopped knitting it... then got all into crochet beanies and what not...but have been doing so feverishly that it has taken a toll on my wrist. 
so i decided to switch back to knitting last night, and since i signed up for another hogwarts swap... (I just couldn't help myself!!) and i wanted to practice switching yarn with the circs for the scarf i thought, hey i'll just use the left over burgundy and complete the ginny hat.  and i did.  Tada!!

(it looks way better in person.)
(hehe, this is where the picture would go if I had taken it last night.  i'll take it at lunch and then post it.)

It's actually a hat this time that can fit on top of my head.  although mine doesn't really look like goldfishgirl's... the hat sorta has this bucket feel.  When i get to the top of the hat, it just gets really tiny... and forms it's own little hat... is that normal? or i'm just not counting my stitches correctly?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007 09:26:50 PM by itscute » THIS ROCKS   Logged

just_gemz

It's raining sunshine.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2007 05:54:44 AM »

So I tried this last week, and it seemed to be going really good, until I finished it and tried it on.. And was like, wtf? I don't know what I did wrong, I think I just k3, yo, k2, yo, instead of k3, k2tog, yo, k2, k2tog, yo...

And I probably stuffed up the garter stitch part as well (I was doing this while on camp with little seventh graders running around and trying to knit on my hat) but it looked alright at first.

Oh well now I know and I'll start another one on the bus on the way to um, performing arts camp. Haha. Great job + thank you for the pattern anyway, GoldfishGirl!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...