A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News: Kindness Craft Challenge   Vote for your favorite entry by Sunday, October 15!
Total Members: 314,458
Currently Running With Scissors:
225 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Whats your size/challenge?  (Read 21630 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2006 01:54:07 PM »

I'm really thinking about getting butt implants. I need something better to sit on and fill out my jeans! I'll go in and tell them to give me J Lo or something equally bootylicious!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Guess who's back?
LadyCregga
keeper of the castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2006 02:06:25 PM »

Well my problem is I am a 20-24 depending on brand of course.
I am 5'10" and have long legs and broad shoulders(thanks dad for you wonderful genes!)
I can't find pants that don't look like capris on me and then the shrits!
I have to becarful of collars or it just make me look like a linbacker.
And then the boobs are fun to deal with too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW!! -- What a Ride! -- Anonymous
sewnikki
Nikki

Hi, my name is Nikki and I am a fabric addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2006 02:43:07 PM »

Curvacious?  I'd love to be curvacious, lol. I am what I like to call lumpy. I am 5'2" and used to weigh 110(before 4 kids!)  I had no shape, no boobs, no butt and worst of all no hips.  Now I weigh 140, got "huge arms" as my mother so lovingly told me last week, a decent butt, lopsided, yet basically still non-existant hips and still no boobs. I wear anywhere from an 11-14 depending on misses/juniors, but nothing actually fits me. My belly hangs over the smaller sizes or my lack of hips causes the bigger ones to slip down. 

The best item of clothing I own is my new circle skirt I made a few weeks ago.  I made the stretchy waistband wider than most, so it doubles as a control top, lol. 

This addition to crafster was a great idea. Not all of us fit the cookie-cutter molds (or frickin clothing patterns) that society has presented to us and that doesnt mean that we shouldn't be able to look cute too! 

Maybe someone here can finally tell me what I am supposed to do when following a pattern and my measurments fall into 4 different sizes!!!! 

Nikki
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Long live Craftster and the crafty-craftiness of its crafters!!!
Etsy
(destash sale! hook and eye tape, grommet tape and other goodies)
mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2006 03:34:07 PM »

Nikky, modifying patterns is tricky, but can be done.  When wanting a really good fit I don't go by the measurements that it says on the package, I measure the actual pattern, remembering of course a seam allowance.  So if my boobs fit the pattern 20 but my waist fits the 18, then that is what I cut out.  But you have to remember to cut the sleeves then a 20 to fit in the breast even if you cut the rest of the pattern18.  And I always have to shorten everything cause I am 5'2" and everything is made for tall people.  Well can't say that cause I recently made something for a tall person and had to lengthen the pattern. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Effylicious
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2006 05:48:31 PM »

I'm a 23 or so, and apparently all fat girls are extremely busty //pouts// Nice, pretty, feminine shirts PUCKER in the front because I am a b/c cup.

Also, I'm 5"2.5---shorter than any of MY friends. Clothes -- especially pants--are just difficult, as most of my weight is at my belly (i have hypothyroidism). Bah.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a moment of silence, please, for those who never had the chance, they show up to a partybut they're never asked to dance, the losers, the liars, the bastards, the theives, the cynicists, the pessimists, and those who don't believe in nothing...
SevsOnlyGirl

Swap Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2006 06:19:51 PM »

Hi all!  This is such a nice board!!

I'm barely 5' tall and I just turned 39yo.  I still like to wear cute clothes, darn it!LOL

I wear a 38C bra (I never wore more than a B until this past year), I normally wear about a size 14.  My waist is 33" and my hips are 44".  Try fitting that.  I see that there's a few gals on here with the same problem.

I can wear a size 12 in blazers and tops most of the time because I like them a little more fitted.  Also wearing dress clothes helps me as they are a bit more forgiving than "cute" clothes.

Dawn
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2006 07:27:26 PM »

I love that we are finding people that are so much like ourselves. We're not alone!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Guess who's back?
miss brianne

I'm addicted to Craft

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2006 08:24:37 PM »

Also, I'm 5"2.5

that totally made me giggle because I always always specify that I am five foot two and a half! and i get laughed at because I am so amazingly short. (Especially next to my boyfriend who is 6'3"!!!)

Size- anywhere from 13-18.

Main Problem: holy crap do I ever have a tummy. (I have PCOS so that is mainly to blame for tummy) I mean this thing is intense, if I did not have a tummy I would be the hottest thing going.
This means that if pants fit my waist they give me what I have not-so-fondly dubbed "elephant bum". Y'know when you get a pair of pants that fits everywhere really nice but they sag off your butt making it look like you have extra sagging bum skin like an elephant? I hate that. I also have to get pants so they dig into my flabby tummy because i have no hips to speak of.

I also and a 36 DD. Bra companies have conveniently managed to leave me out of their sizing! If a shirt fits my bust it does not fit the rest of me.

I am so happy that there are some other people feeling my pain. I hate buying clothing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jasmine_xoxo

I live in terror of not being misunderstood -Wilde

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2006 09:47:00 PM »

5' 9" tall
size 18/ 20 depending on maker
40C boobs
WHOOPS (Edit to read I am 36 and mother of two highschoolers yay)
most of my weight is in my belly (saw the same post above attributed to thyroid...hmmm I had thyro surgery 4 yrs ago..)
I have long sexy legs and my fiance says a beautiful smile (thanks dad for braces). I'm also a strawberry blonde. I wish oh wish that I could focus on the good things and stop focusing on my tummy.

That said, I have just taken up belly dancing and cut my cals back yay.

I would be happy with a size 14 - curves but no tummy.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006 09:56:32 PM by Jasmine_xoxo » THIS ROCKS   Logged
miss brianne

I'm addicted to Craft

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2006 09:52:32 PM »

I would be happy with a size 14 - curves but no tummy.
110% agreed.
If i could just flatten and tone my tummy I would be pure SEXY.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Top Hat
They Only Love You For Your Brain
Meatless Monday: Creamy Spinach and Potato Baked Eggs

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...