A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
189 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Secret Sister Birthday Gift?  (Read 2077 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
ILoveGummyWorms
Co-President of the Monkey Jungle

Creating chaos since 1981

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2006 04:38:17 PM »

Hi! I am am fairly new to Craftster, so if this is in the wrong area... I'm sorry. I didn't know.

NOW! Onto my dilemma! Huh At my church, the women all have a secret sister. We are supposed to give gifts for our secret sister on special days, and cards, and fun things like that. It's a cool idea, and I've had a lot of fun with it... However, this year, what to get my secret sister baffles me. She is significantly older than me- I'm 24, and she's 64. Not a problem--she's still a lady, right? In the space where we were supposed to write our hobbies and interests, she wrote that she likes red. That has made it a little harder for me to think of things for her, as her love for red is probably not the foremost dimension of her personality.

I would like to make something for her for her birthday, coming up on Feb. 4. I thought about a red scarf out of the Boa-type yarn as these have gone over well with everyone else I know... but I'd like to make a little something more.

Any ideas? Everyone on here is so brilliant-- I know I can count on you! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If we did all the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves. --Thomas Edison

I love this job more than I love taffy... and I'm a man that loves his taffy. --Mayor Adam West
bluelise
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006 11:41:06 AM »

Here are some ideas that came to my mind...

1. A red bag/carrier for her Bible. You've probably seen them at Christian book stores or around church. It would be easy to knit or sew one up for her.
2. A painted, decoupaged or upholstered box for her to keep jewelry or mementos in.
3. A red picture frame with a photo of the women's group from church.
3. Red thank-you notes or other greeting cards she could use in correspondance.
4. A red journal to use for devotionals.

I hope this helps! I'm sure she'll be grateful for whatever you get her. How great that you have the opportunity to have fellowship with women from other generations and get their wisdom.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for personal swaps. PM me for availability and ideas!
http://girlinabook.blogspot.com
ILoveGummyWorms
Co-President of the Monkey Jungle

Creating chaos since 1981

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006 01:19:21 PM »

Grin Grin Grin
Thank you so much! Those are great ideas!
I think beyond a scarf, I may make her a red cover for her Bible, and a box with cards with inspirational messages. Your suggestions helped a LOT!

This lady was kind of a mentor for my 4-year-old daughter last year, and she was incredibly encouraging to Tabitha. I want to try to make her feel as special as she made Tabitha feel.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If we did all the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves. --Thomas Edison

I love this job more than I love taffy... and I'm a man that loves his taffy. --Mayor Adam West
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...