A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 321,375
Currently Running With Scissors:
215 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Craft/Decorating Show Review Thread  (Read 2258 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

firehead4

Wanna Make Something of It?

View Profile WWW
« on: January 15, 2006 08:03:07 PM »

Hope this hasn't been suggested before!
Since there are bajillions of craft and decorating shows, it would be great to discuss recent shows and the projects done on them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Practicing Random Acts of Creativity

Follow Me at...
http://artforcoffeessake.blogspot.com/
http://youtu.be/Q73M5hiqktA
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006 09:14:20 AM »

I was wondering if anyone else thought there should be a crafty TV show section?  This could be a place for the Project Runway discussion and the "That's Clever" requests for crafters and updates from those who participated on the show and any other threads on TV shows. I've stumbled upon a few of threads on TV shows lately and they seem to be all over the place. They are mostly craft related "how did they make that" with commentary on the shows themselves.

This may open discussion for other shows and projects Did you see what they did on the XXX show yesterday?? How did she get that to work?....Anything that opens discussion for more projects is good. Yes?

To be clear these would be discussions regarding the TV shows themselves NOT for "I made a South Park Tote" that would still go with the other totes.

What do you think?  Leave as is?  Create a section for crafty TV shows? As always, if this would be a programming nighmare then don't even consider it! This is just an idea that has been floating around my head and I figured I'd pose it to this group since you're the "advanced" group!  Smiley

PinkyK

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hemi*Housewife
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006 09:55:03 AM »

I think its a cool idea.  It would also give the producers that are scouting, a place to start threads...I've seen quite a few of those topics as well.

I'm always coming up with ideas for crafty shows too..that would be a fun thread.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
jMi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006 06:58:13 AM »

I honestly don't think there would be enough going on in a TV section so it would be more of a "space filler" if Leah were to make an entire section devoted to it.
However, if there was an off-topic board TV related stuff could definitely go there  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
Messily

do something pretty while you can

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006 09:00:13 AM »

I think this is a great idea!  It could go in the same area as the Magazines and Book boards (and maybe the parent area could be renamed something like "Crafty Media").  I do think traffic would probably drop when Project Runway is between seasons, but there's still Knitty Gritty, Craft Corner Deathmatch, etc. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitster88
aka christinanne

ch-ch-ch-ch-ch cherry bomb

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006 03:16:06 PM »

I think this is a great idea!  It could go in the same area as the Magazines and Book boards (and maybe the parent area could be renamed something like "Crafty Media").  I do think traffic would probably drop when Project Runway is between seasons, but there's still Knitty Gritty, Craft Corner Deathmatch, etc. 

I really like this train of thought on the subject. As craftsters ever expanding i see more and more tv threads, it makes perfect sense that there be a place to discuss specific shows like there are for mags. and books.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look what youve done to me now, youve made me perfect
giggleycraft
I'm normal.... it's the rest of the world that's insane.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006 03:50:29 PM »

I think it's a great idea.  There are tons of crafty shows, all the decorating shows, Diva on a dime, Crafters cooast to coast.  It would fit in well with the books and magazines.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Messily

do something pretty while you can

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006 05:04:50 PM »

Not to mention everything on Food Network... because cooking and baking are crafting, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blackheathen
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006 12:11:01 AM »

I think it's a great idea!
Through Craftster I've found some great tv sites that I wouldn't have otherwise known existed (being from Australia and all!), so it'd be good to have them all in the one place for us "out-of-towners".
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do not believe in an afterlife, although I am bringing a change of underwear."
-Woody Allen
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Happy Hobbit Day!
@Home This Weekend: Garden Painting
September 19, 2018 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...