A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 314,293
Currently Running With Scissors:
458 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Sleeveless Motif Top  (Read 9710 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

kathyruth
« on: January 15, 2006 07:21:51 AM »

This top is so beautiful.  Anyone interested?

http://crochetpatternroundup.com/items.php?listing=Sleeveless_Motif_Top
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013 06:43:23 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Banana Pie
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006 04:58:18 PM »

OMG! Totally. I love it so much. I just purchased the pattern--hopefully I can buy the thread tomorrow!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006 05:02:47 PM by Banana Pie » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MopTopStumptown
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006 05:17:18 PM »

that's beautiful. i bought the pattern (yea!).  does anyone know where to get colored crochet thread?  i haven't worked with thread before.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006 05:45:11 PM by MopTopStumptown » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kathyruth
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006 06:30:16 PM »

I am thinking of using Rowan Kidsilk Haze.    I think it might give it a soft,  vintage feel.   Crochet is not my strongest skill, so I am not sure this is the right yarn choice.  The sample square came out the right size and looks good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Banana Pie
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006 10:15:48 AM »

Almost anywhere you can buy yarn you can buy crochet thread, but it's usually in a separate, small section. In my Michael's it's at the end of the crochet hook aisle.

What colour are you guys using?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Banana Pie
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006 04:43:07 PM »

So, I went today, and the only cotton thread #10 was white, black, various shades of blue and flourescent yellow. I dug behind and found one ball of pink. I bought the pink hoping they'll get some more in soon, because none of the other colours really appeal to me.

Now that I'm working on Motif 1, my dc dec look kind of weird--not like they do in the picture. I'm hoping the next row will make them look more like they're supposed to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MopTopStumptown
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006 08:09:17 PM »

i just bought my thread on ebay, item number: 8252716436  http://stores.ebay.com/Kreative-Kitties-Kustom-Krafts it's the "northern lights" color.  i think it'll be pretty, don't you? 

i'm moving from portland to ohio in a few weeks, this will be a perfect i'm-cooped-up-in-the-damned-car-for-5-days kind of project.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kathyruth
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006 04:50:08 PM »

I have 2 motifs done so far.  Kidsilk haze is hard to crochet!  It takes me about an hour to complete a motif.  This may take me a while!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Trifarina

apathetic misanthrope

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006 04:57:48 PM »

Wow, that really is gorgeous.  It'll totally be worth the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Banana Pie
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006 05:13:07 PM »

https://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/30243crochet_top2.jpg

https://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/30243crochet_top1.jpg

I have 2 motifs done so far.  Kidsilk haze is hard to crochet!  It takes me about an hour to complete a motif.  This may take me a while!

Wow! I wish I had found some neat thread like yours!  I have two done as well. They're taking me about one episode of six feet under each, which is close to an hour. My fingers hurt are killing me already too! I keep having to take breaks and work on other projects, because my fingers feel like they are going to fall off.  
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013 06:42:59 AM by pinkleo - Reason: please do not quote images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: No Boil Mac and Cheese
@Home This Weekend: Give The Dog A Bone
September 20, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...