A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,450
Currently Running With Scissors:
183 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Does anyone have any idea how to knit this?  (Read 2855 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2006 07:53:29 PM »

Hi y'all

I have searched everwhere for this pattern, and I can't find it, so I could make it up... but I have no idea how to start! I want to make it all in one piece top down, because I hate seaming... but how does one do such a wide neckline top down? I don't care so much about the decorative holes at the stomach area, i will probably use another type of lace pattern... but the top part is making my brain hurt! Anyone have any help/ideas for this project? Thanks in advance!

Emms  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

butterlite
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006 08:01:42 PM »

sounds like you like the square neck line...also one of my favorites... they have something like it in this issue of knitty  www.knitty.com  look for the pattern called "Tubey" , maybe if you read through the pattern it will give you a better idea of how to achieve that look?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ktkntr
Hey little boy, what you got there? Kind sir, it's a mollusk I found.

Sassyfrassy lassy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006 08:07:20 PM »

If you started at the top, you could knit kind of a "U" shape- the sleeve/strap parts first (2 pieces) and then join for the top back, and then you could use those live stitches for half of the body and make a circular tube for the body. The only seaming would be those 2 "legs" of the "U" to the front of the tube.
I hope that makes sense, I really wish I could draw on here...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

funkalisious jewelry:  www.zoo-loo.com
at etsy, too: www.ilovezooloo.etsy.com
loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006 08:23:50 PM »

sounds like you like the square neck line...also one of my favorites... they have something like it in this issue of knitty  www.knitty.com  look for the pattern called "Tubey" , maybe if you read through the pattern it will give you a better idea of how to achieve that look?
Sorry I already looked at this and because of the "tubes" its not really alterable in the way I want... and I also don't want 3x1 ribbing, which changes it quite a  bit... thanks for the suggestion tho!  Cheesy

Keep them coming folks!

Emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shellah
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006 10:07:54 PM »

Hmm. Maybe you could knit the top of the back and the shoulder straps as one piece (back and forth), then cast on stitches across the neckline and under the arms (and pick up stitches either at the ends of the shoulder straps or across the back, depending on which direction you knit it) and do it in the round from the neckline down...

It works in my head, anyway! Cheesy

Michelle
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006 10:47:52 PM »

Michelle, that makes sense to me too! I am going to try it... but how would you cast on more stitches? I know there are a few methods, which would be the least messy and look nicest.... since this to be the neckline. I used one last year in a baby cardigan pattern, and it turned out kind of ugly, but it didn't matter too much since it was a baby sweater  Tongue But i would like this to look nice!

Thanks for everyones help, If you have any more ideas, I would love to hear them!

Emms  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shellah
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006 04:51:45 AM »

Emms,

The CO method I use when I need to do so, say, at the end of a row, is the cable cast on. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to keep from getting a bit of a hole at the beginning (maybe cast on an extra stitch and k2tog where the two stitches pull apart?), but otherwise it looks very neat. If you've never used it, knittinghelp.com has a video. Smiley

Michelle
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fleurs
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006 12:14:29 PM »

Hi Loisgriffin Wink

I'm new to post but not to the forum and guest what i have this pattern but i speak french and i have it in french i f u want leave me ur email and i will send it to u .

Take care!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
buzybeebee24
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006 05:47:37 PM »

I love that shirt!!! Do you know who made that? I'd also love to be able to knit it..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
toyshirts

Boys Knit Better

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006 06:16:51 PM »

Do you have to make it from the top? If you knit the tube part for the body you could just pick up stitches for the strappy part.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Since when do boys knit?"
"Umm... Ancient Egypt."
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Little Bunny Rabbit Toy
Hanging Around
Meatless Monday: Cinnamon Pecan Scones

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...