A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
288 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Secret Santa at work.... Help!  (Read 765 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Kristinester
« on: December 31, 2005 04:29:28 PM »

I foolishly decided to sign up for Secret Santa at work... where I don't really know anyone that well, nor do I like anyone that much. Anyhow, I'm now obligated to provide a gift for a co-worker.

She's in her mid 20's, bit of a tomboy, likes tennis, and hiking at Runyon Canyon.... that's about all I know. I was hoping to get one of the other girls in the office at which point I could just make a cute scarf or do the whole bath salt, soap basket thing.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The holiday party is on the 5th, and I need to figure something out by then.

Please please please help if you have any ideas, I'm completely lost.

Thanks in advance!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redrose1028
Leanne

ciao~hola~salut~hello~

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005 04:41:45 PM »

hey-------ideas: (sorry if they're not what you can make/won't be good/ take to long etc)

-what about if you got on of those big water bottles and like decopauge or stickerize it with her name or different sayings....

- if you can weld/do things with metal then make her one of those tennis ball holders

- sew a cover for a tennis racket with like her initials maybe

-what about if you made her a bunch of granola bars for her to take when she hikes

-what about if you like decorated a visor/hat with stuff

sry that's all i can think of
hope i helped anyway and happy new years
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`'.(`'.**.').')
`..*Leanne*..`
(.'(.'**`'.)`'.)
KatofRedKittyDesigns

The Kitten is IN

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005 08:48:59 PM »

It's tough to get things for people you don't know! Gift certificates are a nice fallback, but not very secret-santa like. But you know the basics, so i'd get her some tennis balls or something with tennis balls on it, or a hiking kit with a pocket knife, snacks (go with the granola, who doesn't like granola!?), compass, flashlight, etc.
But remember, tomboys are girls too! She may also enjoy a scarf and some cute soaps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want a llama.
Kristinester
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006 02:07:22 PM »

I was thinking something along the lines of the whole "hiking in a box" thing with the flashlight, etc., but it would probably cost too much. I asked a friend of mine at work about the scarf and soaps thing and they just looked at me like I was insane and said it wouldn't work. I can't help but agree. I think I'm just gonna cop out and do a gift certificate. ... or maybe... Coffee in a box! I just remembered she a coffee addict... I even have a basket!

I think I got it! Thanks for the ideas guys! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
theantihipster
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006 01:17:54 PM »

p.s. they have all kinds of cool, functional new coffee accessories at Target (I exploited this for my own christmas list, and I'm happily caffeinated as a result). An electric coffee grinder for like 15 bucks, some really good fragrant coffee, and all those new cookie and chocolate thingys, I think they're called Choxie? and they're all on sale! all their gifty stuff is on sale too.

man, somebody had the right idea doing the party after the holidays, everything will be at least 50% off - good luck
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my new etsy shop! come see! come see!

www.madebylaurenb.etsy.com my new stuff
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...