A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Does your gift list have you stumped? Can never figure out what to make for Great Aunt Felma?  Each day through December 24, we are featuring a fabulous gift tutorial!  Check out the 2017 Handmade Holiday Gift Guide for (free!) recipes, patterns and more.
Total Members: 319,837
Currently Running With Scissors:
147 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: j crew sophia dress  (Read 9152 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005 04:09:45 PM »

I honestly don't know but I think it was a designer pattern maybe Calvin Klein.  A quick trip to your local fabric store and a Vogue pattern book should do the trick........if  I remember I'll post it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OneCleverMonkey
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006 08:18:50 PM »

This thread might be dead, but I thought I'd add this.  Vogue pattern 8182 looks pretty close to what you're looking for -- http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin/voguepatterns/shop.cgi?s.item.V8182=x&TI=20009&page=1
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Birds were singing, though with no more or no less religiosity than if they'd been at a New Jersey landfill...

Tom Robbins.

sporadic blogging at:  http://wildthingsrunfast.blogspot.com
stereoette
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2006 10:51:55 AM »

The vogue pattern (the calvin klein one) is Vogue 1590. It's a little bit old so you might have to order it from their archives. I think its a really great match to the dress you've shown - I have the pattern and im really looking forward to making it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.stereoette.com

handmade with my headphones on
re
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2006 08:39:15 AM »

hey - thanks everyone!  the vogue pattern 8182 is SUPER close. I love it. I actually scrapped the pattern I had before, that was simplicity, and am buying the vogue one.
it got too hard to alter the top part for me. (good thing I am practising on other material).

right now I am renovating my new house so I had to put it aside until I can move in and get my sewing room area set up. drywall and wedding dress material don't mix!

thanks everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

low_budget_diva
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2006 10:55:53 PM »

This is probably irrelevant to most everyone, but if you're lusting for this dress, retailing at $195 at J Crew, and you live in/have friends in the San Francisco Bay Area, it can be had for $23 at Jeremy's in Berkeley. I know, because I bought it yesterday! They more than a couple, but i don't which sizes they are likely to have left ( i know there was a 14 yesterday).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When you are forty-two years old and you have five children, it's a slippery slope into sweatpants and a minivan. So I just don't go there."--Laura Bennett, Project Runway
re
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006 08:05:59 AM »

Hey, I wanted to say thanks everyone. I have the pattern now, and am starting it in black.
BUT, I also bought the white one online from EBAY! (at least I don't have the stress of sewing my own wedding dress now!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jerome
giggedy, giggedy, giggedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2006 07:12:37 PM »

This is probably irrelevant to most everyone, but if you're lusting for this dress, retailing at $195 at J Crew, and you live in/have friends in the San Francisco Bay Area, it can be had for $23 at Jeremy's in Berkeley. I know, because I bought it yesterday! They more than a couple, but i don't which sizes they are likely to have left ( i know there was a 14 yesterday).

Is Jeremy's a resale shop? I've seen the store but have never been in there....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Recycled Sweater Quilt
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Mini Heart Pinata
Oh, deer!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...