A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Want to join a Craft swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 321,375
Currently Running With Scissors:
230 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Looking for Brevard (or surrounding area) Happenings.....  (Read 7419 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

dixie_terror
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2004 07:18:49 PM »

the last 2 aisles at super flea are all old stuff, i usually find stuff... we live really close to the osceola flea market, ithas a "yard sale" section outside that is sometimes ok, as far as good "old stuff" the Webster flea market is the only way to go...but it is in sumter county and is ONLY open on mondays.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a few of my recent banners...<br />http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287051709
warmsoul

making the work.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2004 07:31:14 PM »

thanks for the heads-up, dixie terror. i will check out the last 2 aisles...btw, your banners ROCK! i checked them out and they are nice! do you do them on paper? were some of them for concerts and some for weddings? anyhoo, very cool.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://barbaraanntubbs.com
paintings, handmade books, art objects
dixie_terror
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2004 08:52:34 PM »

thanks about the banners, some are for weddings, some for bands, mostly just for messageboard friends from heavyrebel.net...there are a few more here...http://greaser.proboards35.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1086612430
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a few of my recent banners...<br />http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287051709
ChemicalsMyDear

i will windmill kick you in the face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2004 01:11:20 PM »

I live in Brevard. I haven't found any cool and hip thrift stores, but we do have quite a few thrift chains, I know there is a Goodwill in Palm Bay, and one in Melbourne next to a JoAnns. There's a S.A. next to the JoAnns too. I can't think of the name of the road right now, but there are all off of the same road (how convenient). They have a Rag shop and Super Flea up near Viera. If you find any fun hip thrift stores when you come down, contact me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nothing beats going to Denny's at 10 pm with Becoming The Archetype and sharing a milkshake with Seth. Nope, nothing.
dahlea
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2004 04:10:43 PM »

The Joann's and Goodwill are off of Babcock St. The Salvation Army there is closed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
warmsoul

making the work.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2004 05:41:25 PM »

i'm finally moved in! (still unpacking, though:( ) i've checked out the goodwill on north wickham between lake washington and eau gallie looking for furniture, since we sold all of our furniture before the move except for our couch and guess what didn't fit in the door?? THE COUCH. bummer..... anyway the goodwill up here seems pretty good. good prices, at least better than the goodwills in savannah, ga where i moved from.  it seemed like they had alot of good junk like dishes, etc. the kind of stuff i usually look for. i'm looking forward to heading over to the thrift shop at the ascension catholic church on aurora that dahlea mentioned to check it out soon...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://barbaraanntubbs.com
paintings, handmade books, art objects
ChemicalsMyDear

i will windmill kick you in the face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2004 04:54:22 PM »

That's good. Hope you find some good cheap furniture that fits through your doors soon. Thanks dahlea for the update on S.A. I didn't know it had closed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nothing beats going to Denny's at 10 pm with Becoming The Archetype and sharing a milkshake with Seth. Nope, nothing.
Brit
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2004 08:44:17 PM »

I suggest you pick a day and just drive up and down US1, there are a ton of thrift and antique stores. There is in the plaza right beside Florida Discount Music (I am guessing the 80s shop is in the same plaza too), that sells old upholstery fabric, and a ton of antique stuff. We found extremely old film cameras that shoot those slide films (hey, I'm 17 I can't remember what you call them).
One thrift shop I like is the one in downtown Melbourne that the humaine society runs. There is a shelf in the back that last time I checked, was full of different fabrics and stuff. Also check out Value Thrift by Melbourne High School, you have to really search there, but there is a lot of stuff there too to browse through and such.
But definitely check out that one shop on US1. They have like four rooms full of just old stuff and the people there are so nice. It's this little old couple who own and run it and they are so sweet, so definitely go there if you can.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
s8n8mygrandma
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2004 08:08:04 PM »

if you me
There is in the plaza right beside Florida Discount Music (I am guessing the 80s shop is in the same plaza too),

that 80s store was closed last time i drove by it. everything was too overpriced for me, even though it had a ton of cool stuff.

but the flea market does have some garage sale like sections, i went there last weekend and i found some great old records (not for melting haha). they sell their stuff cheap too (if you find the right vendors), you just have to be lucky to find something useful, because some of them also like to overprice useless junk and call it antique or something.

if youre looking for fabric, definately stop by 'tuesday morning' i think its called, if you go on tuesday morning everything is rediculously cheaper than any other day and thats when they get their new shipments.

hmm... there are also a slew of thrift stores in downtown melbourne, but when i have gone in the past there wasnt anything worth buying and it was pretty expensive for used stuff.  hey, theres even a pagan shop if your into that sort of thing (i thought it was really funnt that in the middle of a bunch of old lady stores there was a place to buy all your wiccan goods)

sorry this post was so long and a bit overdue, but when i wrote before i had forgotten about them. i still think melbourne is boring though =P
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dixie_terror
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2004 05:45:22 PM »

So were any of you melbourne folks at the big show at Club Tobago (the supposed Demented show)? My hubby is the singer of T-Bucket Terrors and in a side project that played sunday. So, i was there and wondered if you guys were?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Happy Hobbit Day!
@Home This Weekend: Garden Painting
September 19, 2018 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...