A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, it's time to show off your TREE!  Show off your flocking and garland with us this year.
Total Members: 314,831
Currently Running With Scissors:
165 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: boas?  (Read 840 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

sarcasmik
« on: May 28, 2004 09:57:35 PM »

i've never posted here, but i thought it would be a good place to find a quick answer...  i'm trying to decorate my room, but i need some black or bright highlighter green boas to finish a few random diys.  problem is, nobody (and i mean nobody) carries those colors!  anybody know where i might find some?  *crosses fingers*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"we are the music makers,
          and we are the dreamers of the dreams."
spitbubbleluv
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004 06:09:13 PM »

I used to work for a costume store and I did the ordering.  The place we ordered from didn't sell that color of green.  I'm guessing you mean almost a flourescent green.  They sold kelly green and emerald green.  As for the black are you looking for marabou (really soft and fuzzy like a baby chicken) or standard turkey ( you'd think I would remember the real name, huh) boa?  I know where I live they are sold at the sex toy stores as well as Joannes, Michaels, Hancock fabrics.  The sex toy stores sells the really big ones.  I have bought marabou from Michaels before.  Its in the section with doll parts.  Lake Jackson is close to Houston right?  ( I had to look in your profile at your age so I'm not suggesting a 13 year old go to a sex shop.) 
I hope I have been of some help to you.  If not just do a google search for it.  You should be able to find something. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarcasmik
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004 05:37:34 PM »

wow i forgot i even posted this lol...

thanks for the feedback, however long ago it was given lol.  i stll haven't found anything, but i haven't thought of a sex store before now so...  i may have to take a trip up to houston to visit zone d'erotica soon!  or i could just wait until halloween when the costume shops open down here and take a look.  thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"we are the music makers,
          and we are the dreamers of the dreams."
time_warp
Miss Spiritual Tramp of 1948

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004 07:49:20 PM »

The Ben Franklin we have in town carries both black marabou and lime green marabou (the skinny, less costume-y kind of marabou).

Sarah
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seasick Sarah had a golden nose
Hobnail boots wrapped 'round her toes
When she turned blue all the angels screamed
They didn't know they couldn't make a scene.

She had to run, run, run run, run.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Pipe Cleaner Mouse
December 13, 2017 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Holiday Lantern

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...