A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 314,293
Currently Running With Scissors:
454 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Boobholder KAL, gals?  (Read 25086 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

nushybum
nushybum the magnificent

Masquerade!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 08, 2005 01:34:31 PM »

Hey   Smiley

So there's probably been a knitalong for Glampyre's boobholder/minisweater (aka the unboob-holder for me  Wink ), which can be found are http://glampyreknits.tripod.com/glampyrephotos/id62.html . However, I thought I'd start a new one. Just for kicks.

I've never knit a sweater-type thing before, so I'm looking for company. Please?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OK, now here's my progress.......
I've CO and knitted a fair few inches, but am terrified that I'll run outta yarn! However, I'm going to be brave & knit it anyway. My gauge is way too small, but I'm using the theory that it will strech to accomadate my small chest. The fibre is wool, and the yarn is gorgeous. Variagated pink, purple & violet. Yumm.

C'mon ladies! You can do it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shock Paper Scissors - a modern magazine for contempory crafters

Magic Fingers - a craft blog
keelan

What does not kill us makes us stronger.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005 02:08:45 PM »

Ok, I've been eyeing this project for quite some time and did want some company.  Talk about fortuitous!  Okay, I'm on board.  But first, do I *have* to do a gauge swatch?  Argh!  Or do you think I can just jump right in?  Need some coolio yarn too, right?  {hunts for something nifty}  Hrm...maybe you wanna go on without me?  This might take a while...

P.S.  I'm a tight knitter.  Should I go up a needle size?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005 02:10:39 PM by keelan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Keelanblue  ;p
Fun4Bambi
Scrumble Curious

Wanted for gluing googly eyes to other googly eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005 06:51:09 AM »

So we lost alot of posts on this thread yesterday, but I'm still in....keelan, are you clear with those directions I helped with or do you need me to re-poast?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

keelan

What does not kill us makes us stronger.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005 09:00:31 AM »

Okay, good, I thought it was just me.  I freaked out all night thinking I'd done/said something wrong to bring the wrath of the admin gods on me.  So the posts *do* get lost.  Hmmm...

But yeah, F4Bambi, I'd appreciate a re-post of the directions as you explained it, but let me recap so we're both on the same page and I save you unnecessary explanations:

1.  I increase using M1 on all parts where it requires an increase.
2.  I do not knit in the round; just on circs to make life easier.
3.  I should knit 8 rows in straight garter stitch (all knit stitches) before beginning where the pattern says "Row 1".
4.  I should probably go up a couple needle sizes (an 11, perhaps?) since I knit too tight and I do want a looser drape.

I think that's what I remember.  Am I leaving anything out?  Oh, and nushy said she doesn't do gauge swatches and I *really* wanna start this project, so do you think I can get away with doing that too?  Or do I play it safe and make one anyhow?  If I do, then it might take me a while to get on board with this KAL.  Grrrr...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Keelanblue  ;p
pmack17
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005 10:14:52 AM »

I'd like to clarify something that mystified me when I made this sweater: This is a top down raglan. Those 8 rows of garter stitch at the beginning are the neck edge. Also the holes from the M1 increases are meant to show. They form a decorative line down the raglan shoulder seams.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fun4Bambi
Scrumble Curious

Wanted for gluing googly eyes to other googly eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2005 10:50:36 AM »

1.  I increase using M1 on all parts where it requires an increase.
2.  I do not knit in the round; just on circs to make life easier.
3.  I should knit 8 rows in straight garter stitch (all knit stitches) before beginning where the pattern says "Row 1".
4.  I should probably go up a couple needle sizes (an 11, perhaps?) since I knit too tight and I do want a looser drape.

I think that's what I remember.  Am I leaving anything out?  Oh, and nushy said she doesn't do gauge swatches and I *really* wanna start this project, so do you think I can get away with doing that too?  Or do I play it safe and make one anyhow?  If I do, then it might take me a while to get on board with this KAL.  Grrrr...

i think you've got it...the increase I used throughout was by made by picking up and knitting one stitch from the row below, as the pattern directed.  ... and it may have been because I was using fairly thick yarn in a pretty snug gauge, but I didn't get the hole effect that pmack referred to. Anyway, since you can try the thing on as you go, if you want to throw cuation to the wind and not swatch, go for it.  That's what I did...of course it's also why I'll be frogging  about 12 rows when I pick it up again, but whatever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nushybum
nushybum the magnificent

Masquerade!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2005 10:55:39 AM »

I'm out  Sad Got half-way through and was running out of yarn, fast. So I knit a neckwarmer collar instead. Am gonna make a matching hat tomorrow.

I will make one, it just may take some more time...Not got much yarn money left, heh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shock Paper Scissors - a modern magazine for contempory crafters

Magic Fingers - a craft blog
knittingtwit

who needs a lawnmower?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006 10:27:51 AM »

I made this a few months ago and loved it (and got so many compliments (it is super cute and relatively straight forward))  I skipped the pointy trim around the outside though....

Have made two more for my sister and best friend... will post photos.  Hang in there these are fantastic to keep you warm on spring eves....

Sareena
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2006 10:40:10 AM »

I'm waiting for yarn to come for this project! I am so glad there is a KAL. I am making mine longsleeved. Hope it works out   Grin

TTYS!
Emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

withoutfear

only k-nitwits like to k-nit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006 07:07:02 AM »

I started knitting this at the weekend but it seems to have two small holes on the 13th row in the same place (middle of the arm section). Anyway here's where I am at at the moment. The colours are a darker than they appear here but I had to photoshop it so it didn't look dull.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tina x
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: No Boil Mac and Cheese
@Home This Weekend: Give The Dog A Bone
September 20, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...