A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
155 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I can't knit but I can crochet (and vice versa!) swap?  (Read 8046 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
peachsorbet
I see no reason why the gunfire treason should ever be forgot

View Profile WWW
« on: November 22, 2005 09:23:52 AM »

I can crochet quite a number of things, but I can't knit anything but scarves and I'm sure there's alot of knitters that feel that way about crocheting. But then once in a while you encouter a knit/crochet item that you MUST have, but you can't make.

I say we pair up knitters and crocheters and let them list wishes for knit/crochet projects (none too big!) and SWAP!

P.S. I don't actually know how to organize a swap so I would love either someone to help me out, or someone else to orgniaze this outright. Pretty please?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebelfreek
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005 09:39:32 AM »

I would love to take part, but sadly I've never organized a swap on here either, so I'm useless there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://antigone.etsy.com  <- Go shoppity!
titaniumrose
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005 04:51:47 PM »

Totally digging the idea, but I've never organized a swap here either.  If we can get it going though I'd love to be part of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my blog!  http://titaniumrose.blogspot.com
visit my etsy store!  http://titaniumrose.etsy.com
peachsorbet
I see no reason why the gunfire treason should ever be forgot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005 09:30:19 AM »

*laughs* is there any way we can bring this to the attention of someone who knows how to organize a swap? Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
avantasia
SHOPAHOLIC

ich will nicht ins Paradies...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005 07:39:15 AM »

Hi! I dont think organizing a swap is that hard? You just have to deal with pairing up and remind people when they have to send.. and do something with the flakers in case you get some in your swap. and managing your PM inbox xD
I'm currently in two other swaps and also taking up a personal one so if I were to help out (never organized a swap either) it would be like January.. Sad I guess. I just wouldnt like to offer help and then be like.. "uh sorry I dont have time"

And I would really love to join this one if it gets started!! I hope I will be able to! I hope soon more people express their interest ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shoegazer
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005 07:51:43 AM »

All you gotta do is read craftsters info on how to organize, no big thing. You can even cpopy & paste the sign up info from another swap thread. I dont want to organize this swap but Id love to participate. I knit and there are a few crochet items Id love to have. If you get it started I will sign up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
avantasia
SHOPAHOLIC

ich will nicht ins Paradies...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005 11:14:12 AM »

agreed! just go for it peachsorbet  Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
penguino
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2005 12:16:23 PM »

I am interested too.  Organizing is not difficult.  I can organize this if no one wants to. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

magick8ball

Nothing but lies and pictures of also lies!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005 09:01:32 PM »

i just finished organizing my first swap. It's not much harder than participating, unless you have flakers. Luckily, I only had a few people to work with. All that said, i'd love to participate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!
~Otherside27~
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2005 09:04:48 PM »

ooh awesomeness!! I knit. Give me two sticks and some string and eventually something remotely good will happen. Give me a crochet hook and some string and some sort of fire will occur  Cheesy hahahaha a la homer simpson trying to make breakfast cereal hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...