A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Does your gift list have you stumped? Can never figure out what to make for Great Aunt Felma?  Each day through December 24, we are featuring a fabulous gift tutorial!  Check out the 2017 Handmade Holiday Gift Guide for (free!) recipes, patterns and more.
Total Members: 314,811
Currently Running With Scissors:
206 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I Knit My! Knitted Unmentionables. Now Updated With Bra on pg.3!! (A must see)  (Read 22953 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

lanyu
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2006 02:08:31 PM »

I have a question of the instructions for the bra .

The lace pattern marked with * and *(*YO,K2,K2TOG,SKP,K2,YO*) needs 8 stitches.  In order to make more of this section,  you need to do  4 more times of the ends' increases (left: k2, yo, k1, right k1, yo, k2).  But from the picture, it seems that you just do the section once for the whole bra.  So the* * does not mean repeat the pattern across the row.  It means that every RS you do *YO,K2,K2TOG,SKP,K2,YO*  once after the k2, yo, k1.  Am I correct?  If it is so, after *YO,K2,K2TOG,SKP,K2,YO* in each row, do I just knit until the last three stitches, then k1 yo k2?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinybits
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2006 05:02:34 AM »

I have a question of the instructions for the bra .

The lace pattern marked with * and *(*YO,K2,K2TOG,SKP,K2,YO*) needs 8 stitches.  In order to make more of this section,  you need to do  4 more times of the ends' increases (left: k2, yo, k1, right k1, yo, k2).  But from the picture, it seems that you just do the section once for the whole bra.  So the* * does not mean repeat the pattern across the row.  It means that every RS you do *YO,K2,K2TOG,SKP,K2,YO*  once after the k2, yo, k1.  Am I correct?  If it is so, after *YO,K2,K2TOG,SKP,K2,YO* in each row, do I just knit until the last three stitches, then k1 yo k2?

i did only one repeat of lace pattern to create a stripe effect you can make more repeats or even skip that part even.. the reason i put that part between stars it is because i want you to see the lace pattern without confusion... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittydoll
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2007 02:21:18 PM »

Thank you so much for this pattern! I made the top, omitting the detailing on the cups. This was a fun and really quick knit- and I LOVE how it turned out. What do you think?!

The yarn is handspun throwsters silk in a colourway called 'Mai Tai' from here http://www.wooldancer.blogspot.com/ This colourway makes me want to drink (lots of) fruity cocktails! And the yarn has a bit of a glisten to it too- oooh shiny!! The bra is soft and comfy- I'm too timid to wear it to the beach  Wink but I'll definitely bust it out around the house when the weather warms up!

p.s. I sometimes mess up posting piccies so could someone let me know if this one doesn't show up- thanx!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sit, Sip, Knit!
april_cocaine
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2007 03:13:04 PM »

i love it!
I'm going to knit this next after I finish this hat i'm doing.

I may even model too!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RachOfTheJungle
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2007 04:45:52 PM »

Too sexy!

Reminded me of this:

That girl looks like your project's the next thing on her project list, hee hee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rockin' knitting shirts I designed:

http://www.cafepress.com/stitchnsnitch
snooze
snooze

it's true being normal is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2007 05:43:13 PM »

i dont know what all those wierd letters mean in the tut and i want to make my own so could u please tell me or write a tut that a newbie could understand

thanks
~snooze
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shallelerilla
The world is pretty f*cked up, shouldn't I be too?

Michael Franti is a sexy beast.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2007 05:50:13 PM »

i dont know what all those wierd letters mean in the tut and i want to make my own so could u please tell me or write a tut that a newbie could understand

thanks
~snooze

Those are pretty basic terms, it can be confusing when you're new to patterns so I'll give you  the same thing I used when I was stuck on some terms. http://knitknitting.com/abbreviations.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I have never seen two people on pot get in a fight because it is fucking IMPOSSIBLE. "Hey, buddy!" "Hey, what?" "Ummmmmmm...." End of argument." --Bill Hicks

I draw things!! http://Http://kakumeika.deviantart.com
R3n331
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2007 05:56:29 PM »

Great Job Knitty
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tamagotchi
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2007 06:44:33 PM »

nice work!  knitted undergarments usually look kind of baggy and unsexy to me, but yours look great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ravelry username = tamagotchi
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2007 10:10:53 PM »

i don't know what all those weird letters mean in the tut and i want to make my own so could u please tell me or write a tut that a newbie could understand

thanks
~snooze

hey Snooze, check this out, it should help  Smiley
http://www.yarnstandards.com/knit.html

TinyBits, I LOVE this pattern  Grin I wish I knew someone who would appreciate it as it is something I'd like to try but as a rather voluptuous lady I know I can't pull it off
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Fabric Beads
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Quilted Scissors Cozy
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Brigaderios

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...