A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 321,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
261 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Big Thread of "Help Me Find a Pattern, Please!"  (Read 80728 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

KittenClaws_and_PuppyToes
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2009 11:03:59 AM »

Thanks!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mibismogger
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2009 08:44:29 PM »

I was recently in a car wreck (nothing fatal, only I was hurt and thats just a bruise on my leg), but the car was totaled. So, loyal crafter that I am, I decided to steal the license plates off the car instead of turning them in to be recycled. At Fuego and Fireworks I've seen license plate purses and I've been dying to have one forever but for some odd reason the pre made purses are near eighty dollars and license plates from antique stores go for around twenty. I'm severly stingy so neither of these amounts were in my price range. I havent the faintest idea how I'm going to go about making my purse though, all I really know if I need to clean the plates off as they're covered in dead bugs and dirt. I want to make something like this   http://chicagoist.com/2008/04/24/license_to_recy.php so if anyone has any advice I'd be very very happy.

Also I dont have any hubcaps or anything that I could put on the sides of the purse as in this tutorial: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=259591.0 I didnt think to steal them off of the totaled car. I saw one while walking down the street today but I couldnt think of any way to cut it and I only had one (plus I think I may be murdered by the caps original owner if they somehow found out I took it)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009 12:08:01 AM by Mibismogger » THIS ROCKS   Logged

As opposed to a revolver, I use a sharpened pencil to displace my brains. I gently squeeze the trigger and splatter the page with metaphor
Eroe
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2009 08:59:54 PM »

I know this isn't exactly like the link you provided but this link is what popped in to my mind after reading your post: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=259591.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mrs_Boats

Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2009 01:33:56 PM »

I've lost the bookmark for the wallet pattern I wanted to buy. (Stupid computer!  Angry ) I've googled myself silly and I'm not finding it, so I thought I'd consult with the craftster hive mind.

It was a zipper wallet, and the zipper went around three sides. (I remember several folks on here making and, and mentioning that the zipper could be tricky to get in right.) I *thought* Eli was in the name somewhere, but Google isn't finding it, so that may be just me. It was a pdf pattern, and was about $10. What I liked about this one was that it was built the way I use my wallet. I usually leave it folded open in my bag, making all the pockets upside down, but this one was built so that when it sat on the 'hinge' side, all the pockets were right side up.

Help? It's driving me *nuts*, and I finally got the perfect fabric for it today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sing like no one is listening
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like no one can see you
Live like its heaven on earth
dfunk98
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2009 01:20:26 PM »

I got this brainstorm last night.  I want to make my daughter a little wallet/picture holder thing to take in her backpack when she starts kindergarten in a few weeks.  I want it shaped like my hand (ala "The Kissing Hand"), but smaller, with small clear vinyl "windows" in the palm, to put pictures of my husband, my son and myself.  Just a little something she can keep in her backpack and take out when she feels lonely.  Any ideas of what type of fabric I should use?  Cotton?  I would like the pages to be somewhat stiff and sturdy and I was planning on just binding it with a small binder/key ring or something like that.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Embroidery Hoopla Swap #4-Sent
Reading Swap-Crafting
Craft My Wists Crafting
$4.95 Swap AKA Fill a SMALL Flat Rate Box #3-Sent
goldeneyez
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2009 03:04:11 PM »

I did something similar for my son last year when he started school. 

I took his hand and drew around it onto cardboard. Then I added a 1/4 inch seam around it and cut it out.

I fused medium weight interfacing onto some quilt cotton I had sitting here and traced the hand onto the interfaced side of the material and cut them out. (I did 12 hands all together as I did 6 people) I cut out some clear plastic sheeting I had into 2x3 inch pieces and sewed them onto one side of the 'hand' for the pictures.  I then sewed the 2 sides of the hands together close to the edge. 

sorry clear as mud I know, but I can't write tutorial type things for the life of me. I can show you, but that's it.  Huh hope it helps some....
Stacy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldeneyez
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2009 03:21:06 PM »

here's a couple I have bookmarked

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=298298.0
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=281346.0  this one I've made and is fairly easy to follow.

hope it helps
Stacy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftMomNancy
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2009 06:01:11 PM »

Is this it?http://scrap-bags.blogspot.com/2008/10/new-pattern-easy-zip-wallet.html It's sold on a few different sites. I see the slot are the wrong way but when I did a search here I found a post where someone used the pattern and just switched the opening of the card slots to the top.
 HTH
Nancy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Graciechan
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2009 02:01:21 PM »

Hi all,
While searching for a new schoolbag online, I came across this absolutely adorable Marc by Marc Jacobs cross-body bag http://www.marcjacobs.com/#/en-us/marcbymarcjacobs/women/fallwinter09/bags?lookId=38 which I FELL IN LOVE WITH like you would not believe. However, being a student, and being one that rarely has more than 20 on her at any one time, I figured that I couldn't afford it in ANY WAY at all.... Cry   unless I made one like it! What I'm a bit stuck on is what kind of pattern to use, how to draft my own pattern if needs be and those embellishments, like the zippers and birdy clasps. Also, is there a place where I can read about sewing with leather?

Many MANY thanks in advance
Graciechan  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3
lilmisstampa
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2009 08:28:25 PM »

I ran across a pattern for this type of pouch a long time ago and can't remember where I found it, does anyone by chance know where I could find one?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/sweetlittlemissy/random%20things/pouch.jpg          
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Happy Hobbit Day!
@Home This Weekend: Garden Painting
September 19, 2018 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...