A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,559
Currently Running With Scissors:
166 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hands Across the Water: UK to US Swap  (Read 31625 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
jojo9

meet my charming friend, the monkey gentleman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2005 08:37:55 AM »

I remember reading on another thread that there are no Sharpies in the UK. *gasp* They are so amazing! Plus they come in so many lovely colors.

You can get them in the UK, but not in all the lovely colours...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

batgirl
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2005 08:53:24 AM »

I thought it would lean the other way so was holding back to see  Grin

I love this idea - two trips I want to make someday - one is to England - for so many reasons <G>

When I get there I also want to get out and see some Nubian goats - the milk goats I raise come from England back in the 1800's or so and are still bred and shown in England.

Goats!! I LOVE goats! I have only seen them at the state fair! They have lots of cool sheep in England. Maybe we have them here too, but they are a lot more visible in England. I would always jump the fences and try to pet them....they weren't really interested though.  Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
goatgoddess
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2005 07:29:54 PM »

Well my goats would like you - they enjoy attention and they aren't shy in trying to get people to notice them <G>
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chunky halloween houses
my blog ***http://pinterest.com/debraleach/pins/ ***
seaofstars
sew serious

mmmmm... fabric!

« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2005 07:42:08 PM »

sounds like a fun swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shop
http://sewserious.etsy.com

Blog
Blog Giveaway happening right now! Ends Monday, March 7th. Stop by for details on how to win a free zipper pouch!
http://sewserious.blogspot.com
Lostlipgloss
« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2005 10:57:09 PM »

Too bad I live in Canada Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pwntbygirl.
batgirl
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2005 07:16:17 AM »

Maybe it could be UK to North America?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
beastbunny
« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2005 07:54:32 AM »

I am so in!  I'm in IL, USA.  I wish I was more familiar with what we can get here that you can't get in the UK.  But I can get office supplies, if there are any pens/glue/post-its you like, or cleaning products like Magic Erasers and the do you have the Method line of products?  Also, any toys, I know we have different My Little Ponies over here if you have any in mind, or candy of course like those discussed previously as well as sodas.  We have some funny sodas like Kickapoo Mountain Joy Juice and do you have Cheerwine?  It is delicious!  And any magazines you could want?

I am interested in toys!  Anything unique/vintage-looking.  Also, candy like kinder eggs or other chocolates, hard candies and sugarfree gum.  Crafting/knitting magazines that are not available over here.  Do you have any unique sodas?  My husband and I are into nifty sodas.

Hooray!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kinkyknit
Pathological Knitter

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2005 08:15:10 AM »

Some day I'm still determined to try a Tim Tam and do what is called a 'Tim Tam Slam.'

I spent some time in Australia and knew this a "Tim Tam Orgasm".  OMG they're good.... Shocked

Anyway... I'm interested in this swap, but it would depend on when it takes place.

PS I'm a UK person, and I live in Yorkshire. Dark satanic mills and all that. Aye up, lass. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CatyX
« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2005 08:21:52 AM »

Do you have any unique sodas?  My husband and I are into nifty sodas.

Is it true that you can only get Lilt in England?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Writer78
« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2005 08:34:32 AM »

Are any of you English roses into medieval stuff?  I am a nut for US renaissance faires (though my English friend visited one with me and exclaimed in horror, "Is that what you people actually think England is like??"  I replied, "Sure!  You all say "Good day" and "Huzzah" a lot, and you drink ale from tankards and have swordfights in the streets, right?")

I would love to find more stuff related to Wat Tyler's peasant revolt of 1381 and the Black Death plague of 1348-49.  Also, anything with coats of arms, castles, crowns, anything like that on it would be loved.  My favorite castle on the planet Earth is Bodiam Castle in Sussex.  I could just cry with love when I look at photos of it.  I can't express how deeply I would love to see this castle in real life!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Sweater Snake
Tute Tuesday: Take Anywhere Picnic Playset
Crafting For Good

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...