A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,617
Currently Running With Scissors:
217 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 77
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anthropologie-inspired capelet- By julsey723  (Read 192697 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
amobabe

I'm a llama's mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2005 04:53:52 AM »

I've finished mine, and it looks great! I knit it in Cleckheaton Country 100% merino (a fairly generic yarn, but I live in a small town and yarn varieties are extremely limited). It's blocking right now, but when it's dry (dry, you sucker, dry!) I'll have a picture to post!

I am going to be a latecomer to this KAL but wanted to tell Tamantha one thing: www.knitpicks.com!! (Unless the "small town" you're referring to is not in the US, that is.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tamantha
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2005 05:07:21 AM »

Sadly, the small town I live in is not in the US. It's in Australia. Thanks for the link, anyway!

I'm fairly happy with how it turned out anyway (despite my god-awful photo there). Duckie, I am pretty bosomy, and it looks fine. When you block it, just pull the front down a bit longer than the back, and it sits well.

Argh, can't stop looking at that photo of myself. If a better one comes out of this wedding, I am replacing that picture, stat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baigneuse
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2005 02:30:20 PM »

I finished my caplet, Yay! It was a quick and easy knit. I'll definately do another soon.

Reverse Side Picture

Stockinette Side Picture
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lilacbutterfly
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2005 02:49:17 PM »

Baigneuse, what a great job!  What yarn did you use?  I so want to make this, but can't decide on what yarn to use, or what color!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Baigneuse
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2005 03:30:59 PM »

Thanks! The one I used is a JoAnn yarn from their Sensations Bellezza Collection called "Dolcetto" in pink. It was inexpensive and really soft and fluffy. I got 2 skeins for $8 and didn't even use them all up for this project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
julsey723
How do I know about reality? I just play with sticks and string.

do you have jello?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2005 04:36:26 PM »

yay baigneuse!!!

Saw your photos on Flcikr "Crazy for Kniting"...nice job and I hope your neighbor isn't stalking you in that capelet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

**PM me if you have a copy of Patons Street Smart for sale or swap**
preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________')
blog: www.peonyknits.blogspot.com
shop: www.julsey723.etsy.com
Baigneuse
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2005 09:39:24 PM »

Thank you for the compliment. I love the pattern.

That creepy neighbor of mine has the buisness end of a knitting needle with his name on it if he doesn't cut it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skirt
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2005 02:29:48 PM »

i actually started knitting this soon after julsey723 posted the pattern, but it's been slow going because i have deadlines at uni!

but i just wanted to say hi! and this may end up being the first KAL that I've ever completed! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aeroplane blonde

handmade clothing & accessories!
graciepetunia
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2005 07:06:51 PM »

I'm in. I got gauge with Wool-Ease Chunky! I'm using an orangy fall color. Thank you for sharing the pattern.

Stephanie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn Ho,will work for yarn!
knittnkitten
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2005 06:04:30 PM »

I'm in!

I'm using Lopi in a deep purple color. Also- I picked up a really pretty pearl brooch I'm going to use for this sweater at Target for ONE DOLLAR!!!!!! I was PSYCHED!!!! Yay for Target!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 77 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament
Three's a Charm
Meatless Monday: Fruit Pizza

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...