A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 311,868
Currently Running With Scissors:
399 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 77
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anthropologie-inspired capelet- By julsey723  (Read 182711 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bronxie
I like yarn! Yarn, Yarn, yarn

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2005 04:59:54 AM »

I'm in! I'm just trying to decide what I can use from my stash. But, any excuse to buy yarn is always good :-D
THIS ROCKS   Logged
VSUangel86
The Newest Urban Knitter on the Block

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2005 07:45:36 AM »

I'm def. going to join in. I don't know what yarn I'm going to use...I do have some fabulous stuff from my SP. But I think I want a more neutral color.

I wonder if I could re-work this and do it in a worsted weight. I have tons of that. Then again I could double strand. Any suggestions ??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Marissa

----->http://urbnknitter.blogspot.com/<--- (the blog)
tika
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2005 08:08:24 AM »

I started this yesterday and it's going really fast!  I am having a hard time figuring out where to end the raglan increases though.  It says, "Continue raglan increases until sleeve measures the circumference of your upper arm."  This is right before you split the sleeves from the body.  I guess I'm just having a hard time visualizing these sleeves - as we are knitting the raglan increases, aren't we adding to the *length* of the sleeves, not the circumference?  Has anyone gotten that far yet with their pattern?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kinkyknit
Pathological Knitter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2005 08:44:08 AM »

Tika - you're sort of doing both.  If you've got a decent amount of this knitted, it might be worth you putting the pieces onto scrap yarn and trying it on. This would give you a much better visualisation of how the FO will look.

It's a really quick knit - I've finished mine, but my camera is out of juice!  Oh well, one of my cats has been trying to sit on it all day, at least she's got her own way now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LolaBella
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2005 09:23:30 AM »

Ok, so I'm going to do this at some point, cause it's just too cute!  But for now I want to see how everyone's come out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Costume Blog: Bella Miss Ella
Regular Blog:
Bella Boston
sammbones
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2005 11:01:38 AM »

My first sort of real post!  I think my friend and I are going to try this one - don't hold me to it though.  I've been knitting for a few months and this seems like I could pull it off.  I just taught my friend to knit a few weeks ago and when I showed this to her she fell in love too!  I think with a little persuasion and heavy petting at the yarn store I can talk her into it.  Not to mention our husbands are leaving in a couple of days for a week long business trip Angry  I think a yarn splurge and this pretty little number might just ease our woes.  If we join we may have questions, so bear with us and THANK YOU in advance. 
Keep your fingers crossed for me!  I'm still building my knitting confidence - especially after my size fiasco with flapperakk's tube.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rhiandmoi
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2005 11:15:39 AM »

This is a super fast knit using bulk yarn. I cast on yesterday and am about halfway done. If I wasn't trying to move over the next few days I would probably be done already. I am doing this first using Patons Divine which is an acrylic/mohair blend. I bought this a few weeks ago and then didn't like it for anything, but it was white and the right gauge for this project so I figured I would give it a go and probably gift this out to one of my cousins for Xmas. I think I will make one for myself, but I want to order some cashmerino or temptation for that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kinkyknit
Pathological Knitter

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2005 01:10:14 AM »

Woo!!!  (My husband charged the camera for me over night. Am not good with technology  Embarrassed)

This is the FIFTH thing this yarn has been, including a tube top, TWO Ubernaturals and a Hot Lava.  I like this though so I don't think I'll unravel it!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010 02:19:58 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

monast
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2005 01:14:57 AM »

I wonder if I could re-work this and do it in a worsted weight. I have tons of that. Then again I could double strand. Any suggestions ??

I just casted on last night and used worsted weight ( Noro  Silk Garden) . I casted on 68.  Hope this works for you.

Mona
http://knitnut.blogspot.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2005 02:12:04 AM »

Hey guys - Emms, thanks so much for the props, and the KAL (I see we are both Family Guy fans!) As you happy knitters may know, I am NOT (yet?) a designer, so pattern errors happen - especially when it's the 2nd nite in a row that I'm up till 2am...why Huh

You earned those props! And np about the KAL... unfortunately it is 2 am and I am also up... maybe we share a gene?

I haven't cast on for this yet because I want to do it in a creamy white, and I thought I had that in my bsmt, but looks like I don't, so its off to the LYS to see what they have... the only thing as good as knitting... buying yarn!

emms  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 77 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Curtain Rods
Tute Tuesday: Fold Out ATC
I'm Meltingggg!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...