A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
176 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anthropologie-inspired capelet - Pattern + Tutorial!  (Read 553796 times)
Tags for this thread: shrug , capelet , tutorial , shawl , wrap , bolero , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Quad Mom
« Reply #290 on: June 28, 2007 12:57:48 PM »

Thanks elijor!  I'm excited: I've never made an article of clothing other than a hat or scarf, so this is a big step for me.  I'm gonna start this project in a few hours--wish me luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quad Mom's Happy-Goodness Bloggie:
http://qmchronicles.blogspot.com/
elijor
« Reply #291 on: June 28, 2007 01:11:52 PM »

Good luck - just holler if you need more help.

One tip a few tips:
I hated doing yarnovers while purling so I just did the yarnovers on the knit side.
You should check the length and add rows as needed.
If you do the sleeves in the round on circular needles it will be reversible.
I did my second one with seed stitch for the neckband, front bands, and bottom. I like it much better that way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittinbug
« Reply #292 on: July 01, 2007 11:39:45 AM »

Here's the link to my version!
Knitted with Debbie Bliss alpaca silk in lilac.
I checked my gauge, did a little math and modified to suit my gauge and measurements.  It fits!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007 07:28:51 AM by knittinbug - Reason: can now embed photos - so embedded photo in place of link » THIS ROCKS   Logged
rjbell
« Reply #293 on: July 01, 2007 02:49:41 PM »

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z159/knittinbug/capelet2.jpg

Here's the link to my version!
Knitted with Debbie Bliss alpaca silk in lilac.
I checked my gauge, did a little math and modified to suit my gauge and measurements.  It fits!
Looks great!  What yarn did you use?  I love the color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

---Rhonda
I'm moving to Seattle!  PM me if you know about knitting groups there! Or a favorite yarn store!
Knitting News Cast Podcast
My Knitting Blog
knittinbug
« Reply #294 on: July 02, 2007 07:13:34 AM »

It's knit with Debbie Bliss Baby Alpaca-Silk - the regular weight - not the DK.  It is fuzzy enough to almost work in place of the polar.  It just took a little math. I just multiplied my own guage per inch (4) x the number of inches around my collarbone and added one as Julesey explains in her tutorial.

I love that Baby Alpaca Silk - it is soooo soft.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
reconstructionist
« Reply #295 on: July 03, 2007 01:03:27 PM »

wow! amazing! that's gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iridescent
« Reply #296 on: July 03, 2007 09:06:23 PM »

I finally got some pictures of my modified capelets!

The first one is made with a DK weight yarn, Patons' Brilliant.  I made the capelet longer overall.  The sleeves are at a sort of awkward length because I ran out of yarn. hehe.

This second one is made from black acrylic yarn, worsted weight.  I added long ties to make a sort of wrap mini cardi.  The ties are just done in 1x1 ribbing, picked up from the bottom of each side.

Thanks for sharing this versatile and easy pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: July 04, 2007 01:37:27 AM »

Wow iridescent I love the second one! Where did you pick up the stitches for the tie from--the side or the bottom? I guess the side makes more sense, just wondering.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
hyerac
« Reply #298 on: July 04, 2007 05:05:37 AM »

The first one is made with a DK weight yarn, Patons' Brilliant.  I made the capelet longer overall.  The sleeves are at a sort of awkward length because I ran out of yarn. hehe.

Actually, I think the length makes it look really classy!  And I love how you turned the second one into a wrap cardi just by adding ties!  They're both awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 04, 2007 06:59:50 AM »

This second one is made from black acrylic yarn, worsted weight.  I added long ties to make a sort of wrap mini cardi.  The ties are just done in 1x1 ribbing, picked up from the bottom of each side.

How many stitches did you pick up and from where??? I am going to have to copy you on this! Great job Iridescent!!!

Emmie  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...