A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,843
Currently Running With Scissors:
317 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2005 Completed Costumes Scrapbook (completed projects with pictures go here)  (Read 173582 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
ScotSkipper402
« Reply #190 on: September 15, 2006 03:06:22 PM »

Quote from: KnitChick1979  I added burgundy lining and a patch to my graduation robes from college!  Smiley 

Mary Jo
[/quote

See... education is NEVER wasted!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
ScotSkipper402
« Reply #191 on: September 15, 2006 03:09:28 PM »

No pictures, alas, but your really don't need one for this...

I put a old Quiken disc around my neck on a ribbon and went as a

SOFTWARE PIRATE
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
Jenoware
« Reply #192 on: September 15, 2006 03:15:13 PM »

The mini-Jason in the middle is my son (18 mo at the time). Freddy and the Power Ranger are cousins. My husband picked the costume idea and I made the jumpsuit. We got lots of laughs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dinostar
Fun Bunny

Stay Crafty!

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 19, 2006 07:30:24 AM »

I love the sock monkey one that was effing GREAT!!! The baby skunk made me cry it was so cute and Harry potter rocks so props for that. All I have to say though is that everyone made amazing costumes!!!! Great job!!!! I still have no clue what I am gonna be this year. I wanna make mine..ugh I better get started. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MopTopStumptown
« Reply #194 on: September 19, 2006 01:56:04 PM »

There are so many great costumes here!

I guess I'll crosspost also...

Son as Jayne Cobb (hat knit by me):
We got lots of compliments from the people who actually knew who we were!!

Yea, Firefly!!  The Jayne hat is great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yamwam
« Reply #195 on: September 20, 2006 11:47:38 AM »

Well last summer I made a Hogwarts costume for the release party.  I wore it on Halloween (though at work I had to wear pants and leave the robes at home Sad ), and then I wore it again for the movie premiere in November.  When I met James & Oliver Phelps!   Grin

And to go with the outfit, I made myself some books (I was going for the Hermione look) and a messenger bag to carry them in.

Mary Jo

Killer costume, dude! I love the prop books and the red lining on your robes (ingenious solution). And I can't believe you met the Phelps AND got a picture. That's awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loose pleats sink fleets

Wists
latenightmischief
« Reply #196 on: September 25, 2006 08:18:55 PM »

Last year (2005) I was a 50's housewife. it was pretty fun and a comfy costume that i didn't have to adjust all the time, etc.
This isn't that great of a picture, but this is the only full body one i have

Im on the far right, obviously. and if you're interested, the two girls in the middle are FBI agents which was written on their backs as well, the girl in the garbage bag/duct tape outfit was "Derelict" pronounce dara-leekt, aka high fashion trash from the movie zoolander. she also made some orange peel earrings. the girl on the far left is a nascar driver, and then the other girl is a lumberjack.

there's one kind of showing the neckline and my hair.

I found an dress with awesome potential at value village. It was one of those sack dresses from the early nineties that have a tie at the back, and went down to about my ankles. So i cut it shorter, and took in the sides around my chest so it was more hour-glass shaped and tight around my waist. It has a reasonably low-cut collar too. Then i bought an old white table cloth from the same store and constructed an apron. add some pearls, white heels, and pin up my long hair and tada! a 50's housewife.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥me
NELLYSAM
« Reply #197 on: September 28, 2006 09:30:06 AM »

The mini-Jason in the middle is my son (18 mo at the time).

Cutest little terror ever! I think you just cured me of my jason fear...i won't be able to watch Halloween without that little guy coming to mind! Great job Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Elizabeth128
« Reply #198 on: September 28, 2006 11:23:17 AM »

For Halloween 2005 my friend and I were porcelain dolls. We decided that we were sick of girls showing up at costume parties as "a slutty _______" (insert costume here) so we wanted to be as scary as possible. What's scary than old, cracked possessed dolls? Plus we're blond and pale anyway, so it worked.

I'm on the right; I made my entire costume from an Alice pattern. Sarah altered a dress she got at a thrift store.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 28, 2006 12:42:22 PM »

I started a thread for your 2006 COMPLETED projects.  Smiley
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=123346.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Contact me personally:
  Personal Crafty Chat Group on Facebook
  Check out this Crafty Fundraiser
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...