A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 315,376
Currently Running With Scissors:
121 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anyone interested in doing a fair?  (Read 3264 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

scallyb
« on: October 17, 2005 05:26:29 AM »

Hello!
 Please correct me if I'm wrong but I havent seen any funky craft fairs going on in the UK they seem to be full of lacemaking, glass blown animals and cross stitch - I would really like to organise an alternative fair in the UK - I've seen pic's of the American ones, and it looks like we're missing out on a lot of fun, I live between Northampton and Milton Keynes and have just e-mailed the guys at the MK shopping centre to see how much it costs to hire the main hall (outside John Lewis if anyone knows what I'm talking about) If anyones interested and would like to help set this up or has ideas or would like a stall or anything really, get in touch Kiss

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Halle
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005 08:20:08 AM »

i'm doing Events Management at Uni so could definetly help out a little bit, am in Sheffield mind :-/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
scallyb
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005 02:10:11 AM »

THAT WOULD BE GREAT - I'M GOING TO CALL OUR LOCAL BUSINESS LINK TODAY TO ASK ABOUT FUNDING - I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Halle
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005 07:24:14 AM »

definetly... i'm definetly up for helping as much as i can, i can put it towards my uni work too u see. :-) yay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kousagi
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005 02:03:46 PM »

I'd be interested in helping with this. I don't know where I'll be though when I get back to the UK  but I'll keep an eye on the thread. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Once upon a time...
scallyb
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005 04:39:20 PM »

Ok... so I've started my research! I've been thinking along the lines of an event that could happen around various parts of the country at different times throughout next year but I really need to get an idea of..

Money - what you would pay to have a stall, so I can work out how much the venue hire can go up to.
What we would want to have there - obviously handmade stalls and supplies, but i was thinking music would be good and create a great atmosphere
Venues - I've got some ideas for near to me, but if anyone knows any good ones in their area, spill.
.... and anything else!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Barbarella

Necessity is the mother of invention.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005 05:30:43 AM »

Hi, this sounds great! i can't really help with organising i'm afraid, i have a 10 month old baby monster who takes up all of my time, but i would definately think about having a stall.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
manukenkun

I'm learning...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005 07:10:05 AM »

Definately interested!
I organise a small scale 'alternative' craft fair at here shop and gallery in Bristol- but would love to take part in a bigger kind of fair, I think there's probably a lot of people who would be into it.
One of the main things would be keeping costs down I think- at our fairs we sell spaces for just 5, but I have taken part in something that cost 200 for a space- I shared that with someone else, but even so only just broke even over two days. A lot of indie crafters don't have huge amounts of money so it would be really important to keep the price of a space down to a reasonable amount- most of the places I do fairs at seem to charge 10-20, but again they are all fairly small spaces, with maybe 30 people selling at the most.
I don't really have much time to give to organising anything, but i'd be happy to answer any questions you can think up.
I also think publicity is a really important thing to consider- and on that note, let me tell you that there's three fairs coming up soon that still have spaces in!
November 26th
December 3rd
January 21st
all at 'here shop and gallery' in Bristol- i'm looking for more people to take part- so let me know if you are interested!

Camilla
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.madebymilla.com

Handmade vintage inspired clothing and cards
jojo9

meet my charming friend, the monkey gentleman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005 09:48:25 AM »

I'd be interested- in fact I'm trying to organise one in Glasgow for next year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scallyb
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005 10:58:40 AM »

hello anyones who's been reading this post.. I also put it on the England site where its had a bigger response so you can see it there as well Smiley
P.S theres now a space for all us uk carft bods to discuss these ideas on http://groups.myspace.com/craftermath see u all there!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005 01:03:22 PM by scallyb » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Washer Necklace
Can't Fool Mother Nature
Meatless Monday: Mexican Bean Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...