A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 314,010
Currently Running With Scissors:
433 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Circular Shrug- created by keridana, julsey723, guessica, and others...  (Read 127957 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

hst
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2005 03:32:15 PM »

Well I have to get new yarn because Lion Brand's Wool Ease sucks ass IMHO
Yes I agree too.  If I have to go cheap, which I usually do  I go for itchy wool.  Like Lite Lopi or something like that.  I think it is easy to work with, it looks good, but I don't like the feel on my skin.
Sometimes you just have to suffer.

I started a mini sweater in Red Heart and the feel of acrylic on my fingers was driving me CRAZY!  I couldn't finish it.  I guess I am a yarn snob.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
piratekittie
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2005 01:05:40 PM »

Ok, so maybe I'm retarded but for the second row of mock rib should I be slipping the purl stitches or the knit stitches?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HUGE Spring Cleaning Sale!!!!
Etsy: http://karenmaiko.etsy.com

I have a Blog!
 http://karenmaiko.blogspot.com
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2005 02:01:26 AM »

Ok, so maybe I'm retarded but for the second row of mock rib should I be slipping the purl stitches or the knit stitches?

slip the purl because you are on the second row, and there isn't any knit stitches on this row.

and no you are not retarded. Sorry I took so long to get back to you, I had a family emerg.  Embarrassed

emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2005 02:12:16 AM »

hi y'all!

Well I finally got my  new yarn today because I had to wait for this 50% off sale, anyhow, I got five skeins of black bernat chunky softee,  for a 1.50 each (WOOHOO!) which i hope will be enough. I need a black sweater anyhow.

On a sadder note my husbands grandma is dying so he needs to fly out to New Brunswick for a week  Cry

He asked me if I could make him a scarf to wear so that he could think of me when he wore it, so I made a 2X2 rib long fisherman woolease thick and quick scarf on US17 needles. I made it in 4hrs. Shocked Its a lot colder there than Vancouver, so I made sure he packed lots of warm stuff. I am going to miss him! He leaves tomorra morn.... sigh.

I will post more about my shrug when I Cast on.

emms

THIS ROCKS   Logged

hst
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2005 06:21:27 PM »

He asked me if I could make him a scarf to wear so that he could think of me when he wore it, so I made a 2X2 rib long fisherman woolease thick and quick scarf on US17 needles. I made it in 4hrs. Shocked Its a lot colder there than Vancouver, so I made sure he packed lots of warm stuff. I am going to miss him!

That is so sweet.
Sorry to hear about your husband's grandma
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2005 10:59:51 PM »

hst, you are sweet!

He just called me,  Cheesy and he got there ok, thank god. now I have to play the waiting game. I guess I will be knitting alot till he comes back  Embarrassed ! I wanted to wait until he called before I came online and tied up the phone line, lol. We have dialup till Wednesday, which  sucks a*s  Tongue excuse my lingo. Then we will be in high speed heaven again! woohoo! I can't wait. We wanted to get a free digicam with our highspeed internet so we had to be on dialup for a while. I am so glad freedom is near!

emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2005 02:43:46 AM »

Well I went to my knitting group 2nite, and that was so great... I also finished my long skinny scarf and Cast On for the shrug, this time in Bernat Softee Chunky... my gauge is now 5.25 sts to the inch so I cast on 306 sts on size 8mm needles. Its wouking up fast so i will be able to wear it soon, hopefully  Smiley but I need my digital cam.... where is my digicam stupid telus?!!??! Arrrgh!  Angry

Anyhoot, my husband said hi grama made a miraculous recovery, so that is a blessing. She (his grama) attributes it to having all the family around her... isn't that sweet?

Anyhots, sorry about the lack of pics, I will be putting them on soon!

emms  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

piratekittie
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2005 06:19:43 AM »

I've finished the first part of ribbing... And I was a couple inches into the mock rib and little kitten decided it was her new play toy. So... I'm back to just having the first part of the ribbing done. I might do the body in stockinette... Might screw up the gauge but eh. It's cheapo acrylic and I can see how it works up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HUGE Spring Cleaning Sale!!!!
Etsy: http://karenmaiko.etsy.com

I have a Blog!
 http://karenmaiko.blogspot.com
loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2005 05:10:56 PM »

I've finished the first part of ribbing... And I was a couple inches into the mock rib and little kitten decided it was her new play toy.
Bummer!

oh well, I bet she's cute tho, lol  Cheesy

emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2005 10:45:13 PM »

Okay, was too optimistic, seems like my husbands gran is going to die. I am sad and confused... knitting is harder than normal. It's hard because I just want to hug him, he sounds so sad over the phone. Sigh. I hate that he is in New Brunswick.

Sorry, just sharing... anyhow, I am knitting, because i can't sleep.

Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Updated Yardbird
Tute Tuesday: Apple Cozy
What The World Needs Now...

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...