A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,766
Currently Running With Scissors:
231 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Acidic questions, uh oh.  (Read 1014 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
StookeyDough
« on: October 13, 2005 01:57:50 PM »

I've been scrapbooking for about 5 years.  I'm 15, and I've been making scrapbooks since about age 10, and at that age you don't usually worry about ruining your pages, so every kind of material went in them- different kinds of glue, stickers, paper stickers and things.  How long does it take for the acid to ruin the pictures?  Nothing's happened to them yet but now i'm worried..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dee521

bear paws make me happy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005 06:45:47 AM »

i think it's like decades. did you have the scrapbook with the heavy paper or magnetic books? the magnetic i think damages stuff much faster...like in 10+ years. i had a heavy-paper scrapbook when i was a kid and nothing's damaged yet (going on 15 years or so). maybe to be safe try to take out some of your favorite, would die if you lost them pics, copy them and put the originals back. then you don't have to tear up something you made but if they got damaged you have backups in a photo box somewhere...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Scrapcrazycreations
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005 07:52:31 PM »

Color copying is a great idea.  If you goto Kinkos or whatever copy place avial to you...  you should take your albums and make color copies of each page.. mount them in a new book with all acid free products.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tenika
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005 09:04:57 AM »

i'm not too worried about it with my pages....you'll be able to notice something funky going on with your pictures at the start, it won't just ruin the whole thing from one day to the next...just keep an eye on them and if you see something weird just remove it from your album. No worries!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[ Tenika M. ]
Scarlet Beautiful. nifty tees for sale.
http://www.scarletbeautiful.com
wist list
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Clothespin Frame
Say "Cheese(burger)!"
Meal Prep Monday: Crockpot White Chili with Chicken

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...