A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November Crafting Tips & Tricks: Check out Kittykill's latest DIY video, How to Make Glowing Wax Globes!
Total Members: 314,620
Currently Running With Scissors:
283 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HELP!!! my ipod has become a crafting victim!!  (Read 869 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

brookem
« on: October 13, 2005 03:22:23 AM »

i was enthusiastically making a case for my ipod and during the crafting process i accidentally got helmar craft glue on my ipod's screen Embarrassed . it doesn't look so good and partially obscures the screen. it contains "flammable liquid 3" and i tried removing it with solvent (nail polish remover) in accordance with the instructions and that didn't really seem to do anything.

i was thinking i might be able to get the glue buffed off (like you can do with scratched CDs)- any suggestions would make me and my ipod very grateful!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZED'S DEAD BABY
archer*of*loaf
Lip them

Audiowhore, sucking on sound

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005 04:24:30 AM »

Try some Goo Gone.  I can't think of a single time when that stuff didn't save me and whatever little dilemma I'd come across.  I'm a total slob so this stuff reigns in my house.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And hoping for an early death you swam so far you lost your breath, and struggling in the ebb and flow I took your hand, but you let go...
And now the ocean fills your lungs, and now you've got what you had come for, resting peaceful as you sink to drown under a sea of strangers.

-E. Bachmann
Ilsa

...but what do I know.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005 05:24:22 AM »

Nail polish solvent ruins plastic. Any and all. I was in Tap Plastics (a specialty plastics store) the other day and the sales people were discussing a man who had used nail polish remover to try and get some adhesive from his ipod. He was able to get satisfaction with Novus level 3 polish. Apparently, even Windex will cloud the window of an ipod. I bought 2 oz bottles of all three Novus polishes for a wedding-related project and have since used them to obliterate very deep scratches on cd's and dvd's. The small bottles are pretty cheap, ranging from $2.15 to $3.75 and it dosn't take much. If you are not in CA, OR or WA, they do ship. It's probably possible to find Novus other places. Good luck! 

http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=113&
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brookem
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005 05:36:49 PM »

thanks a lot guys, i was beginning to think i would have to get the whole screen replaced. Cheesy hopefully i will be able to find the products you mentioned, as i live in new zealand (aka: the wop wops)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZED'S DEAD BABY
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clipboard Photo Display
Party with a Pumpkin Challenge Winner: Floral Pumpkin Centerpiece
November 15, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...