A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November Crafting Tips & Tricks: Check out Kittykill's latest DIY video, How to Make Glowing Wax Globes!
Total Members: 314,630
Currently Running With Scissors:
198 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Alice in wonderland wedding  (Read 17126 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

NJcrafter
« on: October 13, 2005 12:21:43 AM »

Me and my fiancee want to have an alice in wonderland wedding. I need some ideas on decorations and favors, etc.  I want the groom and his groomsman to wear big mad hatter hats.  i also want alot of black and pink/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
patriautism
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005 01:45:07 AM »

Pillow mints! They always remind me of Alice. My supermarket is selling these mushrooms stakes that you're supposed to put in your yard---they look pretty psychadelic. They're expensive but maybe you could create something similar if you have the time. It looks like clay painted weird and then sealed. I think they would make cute centerpieces sticking out of some flowers. Somebody has a thread going about how to make a headboard that lights up---I think little boxes like this would look really neat set here and there (I'll try and find the thread, just gimmie a sec). I'm also picturing giant flowers, maybe out of tulle and then spraypainted. Speaking of spray painting, what about white roses (fake of course) dipped in red paint for favors? Go to thrift shops and pick up any weird tea cups you can find----hmmm maybe this would be a better favor. You could paint the date and your names on the bottom, so you could still serve people champagne in them. Where are you getting married? And when? If you could pull it off it would be neat to make a giant paper mache "rabbit hole" roughly the shape of an arbor that you could get married in front of. Glue moss all over it with some fake flowers. I'm still thinking... Smiley I have a fever right now so if some of these ideas are totally whack I'm sorry.

And here's the headboard link:  https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=46740.30
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005 01:47:29 AM by patriautism » THIS ROCKS   Logged

skye691
Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005 03:08:16 PM »

What an awesome theme!

I certainly hope you wear an alice wedding dress!

boy.. it'd be neat to do your cake up in pink and have black text that says.. "EAT ME"

and all the glasses to say "Drink me"

or have a tea party maybe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The earth, stained with the blood of a thousand dying soldiers, weeps as she welcomes them home.

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/3wl9/1
patriautism
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005 03:17:33 PM »

I forgot, I actually made an Alice In Wonderland cake for someone. Just a sheet cake, but I think it turned out great Smiley When I was a cake decortator I played around a lot and experimented when no one was looking. One time someone ordered a cake and all they specified was "Use your imagination." I cut a cake into many triangles, squares, etc and frosted each piece and airbrushed them two colors (all different, but each had two colors). Then I took a spatula and lightly smeared the colors around. It turned out really cool. Maybe you could get a decorator to make a little one for you to try. Make sure to pick colors that would blend well---red and blue gives streaks of purple, red and yellow gives streaks of orange (and looks like fire!). The frosting wont be perfectly flat, it has little peaks all over. And just from experience I'd suggest using buttercream icing. Whip cream doesn't hold up that well, and buttercream makes for more vibrant colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NJcrafter
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005 04:51:39 PM »

wow do u have pics of the cake it sounds amazing..  i was thinking of having the bridemaids in alice type dresses cause i really want a princess type dress.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
patriautism
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005 08:01:47 PM »

No, unfortunately I don't have any pics, but if you go to a supermarket bakery their cheapest cake is about $4 (if you wanna try it out cheaply)---plus if something like this works for you it'll be a lot cheaper in the end. The difference between a "wedding cake" and a "cake" is a couple of zeros and that's about it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shylitlegoddess
Jill of most trades

Why is there bacon in the soap??

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005 08:16:22 PM »

In my local craft store I found a cake airbrushing kit and I stood there and wondered why... (mostly because there were teenagers on the packaging.) But now I know why patriautism.

I love the tea cup idea as favors. Little bottles of champane (Drink Me) and little boxes with Jordon Almonds in them (Eat Me).

If your presiding official didn't mind you could ask them to dress up too! (The Mad Hatter or the King Of Hearts. Queen of Hearts if it's a woman.) I only sugjest this because I know several people who are ordained to preform weddings and they would totally deck out for it.

Brightest Blessings to you and yours.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

patriautism
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2005 08:23:31 PM »

Really?? I "need" a cake airbrushing kit. You can do so many cool things with one! I used to do sculptures and stuff, make a beach scene with waves crashing, stuff like that. Dang. So, I guess you could make your own cake! I did for my wedding and I would highly reccomend doing it in advance Smiley Maybe even drop the money and buy the cakes from a bakery uniced, and then buy a bucket of buttercream and go to town! It would still be cheaper than a wedding cake and you wouldn't have the problems I did.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaparty

Crafting as thesis therapy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2005 08:33:07 PM »

If you're having a ring bearer he could be the white rabbit. Little ears, and a cute red waitcoat with a tail and you could put the rings in a fancy pocket watch  instead of a pillow.

Also the place cards at the tables could be all playing cards with special people, like your parents, with the face cards with their faces decopaged on.

Make a sign by the punch bowl or the cake that reads "needs more pepper!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vampires may be very sexy. Distraction by a sexy vampire may interfere with proper use of Vampire Detector. Vampire Detector is not responsible for sexy vampires.
papaya
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2005 01:48:28 AM »

Awesome theme!! Grin

One idea my fiance had, which would work out REALLY well for your theme, is to serve drinks in teapots and teacups.  We were thinkning sangria, but then realized it might be hard to get the fruit out, so it may end up just being red wine.

If you can get your hand on some decorative hookahs that would be RAD, especially those ones that have multiple hoses.  Serve up some shisha, and you're party's bound to be a hit!!  (I like mint or apple.)  You can find hookahs on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/1-HOSE-LEBANESE-HOOKAH-SHISHA-AWESOME_W0QQitemZ5432236278QQcategoryZ596QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem, though of course, the really beautiful ones are quite expensive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Ah, fall!
Meatless Monday: Black Bean, Butternut and Spinach Skillet
@Home This Weekend: Clipboard Photo Display

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...