A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is super awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 314,372
Currently Running With Scissors:
245 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Alexander Henry fashion girls  (Read 3145 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

prettypinkelephant
« on: May 08, 2004 08:06:47 PM »

Hi everyone! I'm brand spankin' new to posting here but i've been on this site constantly for weeks! you are all EXTREMELY talented!
Quick question:
   I have recently (as in 5 hours ago) become obsessed with Alexander Henry's line of fabric "fashion girls" but i can't seem to find anywhere in Ontario, Canada that sells it at non-ridiculous prices. Does anyone know where i can find it? (or even order  it cheapishly?)
thanks in advance for any replies! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SarahFroggy
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004 09:32:52 PM »

welcome. where in ontario are ya? i'm in ottawa

i got my fabric at a store called tonitex in montreal. i fell in love with it too. here is their website but they are kind of a clearance place so they don't carry stuff all the time. www.tonitex.com
i saw it at equilter www.equilter.com but only in two of the colours both ones i don't have..hmmm hehe its from 2002 so it i think once its gone its gone. here are the two colours they have at equilter its pretty reasonably priced. equilter's search engine sucks so here are the pages exactly. they have tons of stuff and lots of alexander henry stuff its my new obsession Tongue the best way to see them all is typing AH into their search cause thats the product code. you'll get some that aren't his but most are. ok i've talked too much.. Tongue
here are the links

black background
http://www.equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=37677&sid=31U9Hz0-IK4h8eH-35104251424.a2

pink background
http://www.equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=37755&sid=31U9Hz0-IK4h8eH-34104230624.f3

THIS ROCKS   Logged
prettypinkelephant
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004 05:04:31 PM »

Thanks so much! I'm in Burlington, near Toronto. Yes i think i may be forced to beg my dear boyfriend to lend me money for it to buy  it  off ebay (i just spent $50 this weekend on fabric at fabricland!eep!) I can't wait to make a purse and a skirt out of it! I love the coordinating fabrics as well! They're so choice! Thanks again for the reply, i will check tonitex.com frequently!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SarahFroggy
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004 05:28:14 PM »

don't get carried away on ebay sometimes you bid way too much. i'd go equilter if they have the one that you want.

keep me posted cause i may want to get more too Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
prettypinkelephant
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004 05:42:32 PM »

i checked the pricing for this one seller on ebay and she combines shipping which is great! i know what you mean by spending too much! I got wrapped up in it a few years ago buying curious george memorabilia and whatnot, i'm telling you it wasn't pretty! the seller "zeetzeet" has good prices and sells the entire line. one yard for her on average is about 12.50 canadian and shipping up to four yards is 5.00 american. i compared with the equilter and it's about the same! i will let you know how it goes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2004 07:18:53 AM »

Ottawa Street in Hamilton has tons and tons of fabric stores.  I haven't been in a while, so I have no idea if they have this stuff specifically (or which of the dozens of stores would have it), but it might be worth a trip from Burlington.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
prettypinkelephant
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2004 07:10:51 PM »

Thanks so much! my baking teacher suggested that to me today as well since he pretty much lives there because he makes costumes for Renaissance festivals! I will definately take a trip there! (and possibly spend billions of dollars on everything but Alexander Henry fabrics!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
prettypinkelephant
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2004 01:46:34 PM »

woohoo! I won my bidding! mint fashion girls went for 8.50 US and blue fashion girls went for 10.50 i think! My mum wanted the black with red accents and she tried to bid on it but the buyer must have had a crazy max. bid because the bidding went to 18.50 US! For one yard! But yay! i bought my fabric and when i receive it i will make an ohsospecial handbag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafterinShanghai
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2004 07:04:06 AM »

Hi! I know which fabric you mean. In fact I just bought a couple metres of it today at the market for US$2.00 per metre (after bargaining). I love these designs unfortunately the Fashionistas black and pink were the only ones available. I saw them on eBay for US$7.50! Wow!  Wink I bought a bag a few months back which had this design but in a vinyl-back satiny material which is fantastic!

Anyway, we can maybe swap if you need it.....  I am planning on putting up a few items to swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Dragonflies in the Yard
Tute Tuesday: Mini Messenger Bag
Black and White and Red All Over

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...