A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 313,594
Currently Running With Scissors:
281 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: sakura pouch  (Read 15940 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

pucchimaiko

gimme vegemite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2004 07:02:59 PM »

Yay!  It looks fantastic with six petals, Sarah!  I love it!  The extra leaf looks great too!

Do you have plans for any more sakura - or are you moving onto some other pouches for the time being?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PUCHI MAIKO STORE NOW OPEN!! - Unique Kimono Fabric Kanzashi, Fashion Accessories, Chirimen Zaiku and Craft Supplies inspired by the Traditional Arts and Culture of the Japanese Geisha, Maiko and Kimono.
SarahFroggy
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2004 07:19:41 PM »

working on the bellflower not to far in hoping the instructions will make sense and the pictures will be right as i go down the list. i just took a pic of the progress on the bellflower i'll PM it to ya
THIS ROCKS   Logged
maitreya
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2004 07:45:29 PM »

Here's another thing from that Omiyage book.  Yay libraries!  It's a little fold up sewing box.  I was kind of disappointed with the pattern, though.  It didn't fit together very well the first time I tried it and I had to modify it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

SarahFroggy
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2004 07:48:55 PM »

cute sewing box, i want to make that too. just obsessed with the flowers right now Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pucchimaiko

gimme vegemite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2004 08:15:16 PM »

Oh!  Excellent!  I was wondering how that particular project would go.  But, like Sarah, I'm obsessed with flower and animal pouches right now!

If you don't mind me asking - what was it that you felt you had to modify?  So I can keep that in mind, when I finally get around to making one myself :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PUCHI MAIKO STORE NOW OPEN!! - Unique Kimono Fabric Kanzashi, Fashion Accessories, Chirimen Zaiku and Craft Supplies inspired by the Traditional Arts and Culture of the Japanese Geisha, Maiko and Kimono.
orange_sunset

I found myself! ...Now where'd I put the scissors?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2004 11:46:44 AM »

I am in awe......

I really need to go out and get that book. hmmmm...  Cheesy

Thank you for showing us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

maitreya
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2004 05:44:24 PM »

I'm glad you like my sewing box!  It's made of cardboard panels covered in fabric and glued together.  I had to make the panels on the inside a little smaller than the pattern says so that the box would actually fold up.  Luckily I realized this before the glue set and I was able to pull the panels off, slice off a piece, and glue them back on.  The other problem was the lid.  The lid from the pattern just refused to fit on the box.  I ended up making an entirely new one about a quarter of an inch bigger.  Maybe my cardboard (from a cereal box) was thicker than the author's and that's why it didn't fit together well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lilitha

~*~Hyper Kawaii Puff Ball~*~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2004 08:47:05 AM »

I'm glad you like my sewing box!  It's made of cardboard panels covered in fabric and glued together.  I had to make the panels on the inside a little smaller than the pattern says so that the box would actually fold up.  Luckily I realized this before the glue set and I was able to pull the panels off, slice off a piece, and glue them back on.  The other problem was the lid.  The lid from the pattern just refused to fit on the box.  I ended up making an entirely new one about a quarter of an inch bigger.  Maybe my cardboard (from a cereal box) was thicker than the author's and that's why it didn't fit together well.

It is also quite possible it was the thickness of the fabric... the reason why I remember this is because I watch too many shows on covering ottomans with batting and then fabric and they always have to add a certain amount more to what ever is going to close on top so it will actually fit...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~I Fell In Love When I Fell Down The Stairs~*~
SarahFroggy
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2004 07:00:26 PM »

so no luck on finishing the bird yet but here's the bellflower. much harder in my opinion because its all chance whether it matches up or not. the sakura is more fun Tongue (ie: less stressful)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
pucchimaiko

gimme vegemite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2004 08:36:17 PM »

I think it looks fantastic!!  I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Pom Pom Shades
February 21, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Ribbon Scarf

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...