A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November Crafting Tips & Tricks: Check out Kittykill's latest DIY video, How to Make Glowing Wax Globes!
Total Members: 314,644
Currently Running With Scissors:
152 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Funny present, or sick? (Birthaids!)  (Read 2277 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

kirbay831
Regularly Addicted

yes, im baby obsessed, i know.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2005 10:10:58 PM »

I linked here for the word 'birth' lol..

Maybe instead.. get lil jars and put plastic babies in.. along the theme of 'Give a friend a fetus'.. less likely to get in trouble, less offensive, more funny? (And still kinda out there)..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them. If you hate someone, hate them until it hurts." -Henry Rollins
poppysmum

Mei has arrived! Pic ASAP...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2005 10:18:55 PM »

I linked here for the word 'birth' lol..

Maybe instead.. get lil jars and put plastic babies in.. along the theme of 'Give a friend a fetus'.. less likely to get in trouble, less offensive, more funny? (And still kinda out there)..

Sorry what? I have to say, just as much trouble, just as offensive, so not more funny. Just my opinion... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Darian
The standard snowflake.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2005 10:19:59 PM »

I think the bottom line, though, is that there is nothing wrong with selling the AIDS thing on your site. In group, potentially funny. Given as a hostile gesture, effective. Funny or not, I have to think there is a market for this item. For vials, try http://www.pilotvials.com/. They have a variety of clear and amber vials in different sizes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it! --Elwood Blues
DithMer

Have a good one, and learn everything you can.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2005 10:27:35 PM »

hee-hee.  i like the fetus thing.  that makes me laugh. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
evilwench
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2005 11:11:38 PM »

on the one hand, i understand how some people might find this offensive... on the other hand... i can see how that would be freakin' hilarious (then again, I also have friends that would appreciate the absolute wrongness of it... and yes, for those not in the know, sick & horribly wrong are considered extremely funny to many twisted individuals... usually BECAUSE it's so very wrong.)

you know, you could probably find some place that sells fake blood... a special effects shop maybe? ~runs off to google fake blood~

Edit:
So I did that search, and found a recipe for "Chocolate Fake Blood"... so your friends can enjoy a tasty (if horribly politically-incorrect) little treat Cheesy

Chocolate Blood

* 1/2 cup water
    * 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
    * 3 or 4 tablespoon corn syrup
    * 1/2 to 1 teaspoon red food coloring
    * 2 drops yellow or green food coloring (optional)

Mix the cocoa powder thoroughly into the water before adding the other ingredients - it may help to use warm water. After adding the rest, blend the concoction well, and then wait for it to settle a bit. Either skim the bubbles & chocolate scum off the top with the edge of a kleenex, or pour the mixture into another container. The longer it sits, the more the cocoa tends to settle to the bottom, which oddly mimicks the effect of real blood seperating.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005 11:17:56 PM by evilwench » THIS ROCKS   Logged

In my dreams I can fly
Era Vera
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2005 11:43:29 PM »

Omg, if you used the chocolate fake blood, that would be so awesome and hilarious. But I do agree that maybe for someone who you don't know well, it might not be a good idea. And the fetuses in jars, also quite amusing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://eravera.blogspot.com/ <-rarely updated crafting blog
http://modaveloce.blogspot.com/ <-fashion-y blog with some diy and photography/art stuff
smelsmin
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2005 01:06:35 AM »

Maybe no aids label, just a vial of chocolate blood? Maybe with a jelly baby for the fetus thingy? Just try to make it obvious that it is fake, incredibly obvious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Amethyst
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2005 01:13:45 AM »

Ewwww. If someone who I was just getting to know gave me that as a birthday present, I'd think they were trying to give me the message that they didn't like me.

Maybe reserve it for friends who share your sense of humour?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kirbay831
Regularly Addicted

yes, im baby obsessed, i know.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2005 03:01:25 AM »

oh when i meant fetus in a jar.. i meant obviously really fake ones... nothing that looked real at all.. should have said that Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them. If you hate someone, hate them until it hurts." -Henry Rollins
teraspawn
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2005 03:44:00 AM »

Heh, I thought it was funny, but to be fair, I come from a family where singing the "everybody has Aids" song is perfectly appropriate behaviour at the dinner table...

EDIT: also, why not put the jelly-baby fetus into glucose mixed with water or something equally viscuous.  It'll look more hospitally that way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: No Fail Fudge
Feed Your Pie Hole
Ah, fall!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...