A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is super awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 314,113
Currently Running With Scissors:
218 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harajuku Swap  (Read 4355 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

poppyrocks1
« on: September 28, 2005 01:47:17 AM »

this idea may have been thought of before, but i think it would be cool to do a swap based on tokyo fashion- both things you have made and things you have bought and put in a box. Is anyone else interested? i would need some kind of organiser for it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
girlwonder
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005 12:18:48 PM »

I just crafted a bunch of EGL type stuff for hte subculture swap and it was really darn fun! I would LOVE to do a Harajuku swap!!

I might be interested in organizing...maybe. we'll see if others are interested!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gracie Girlwonder

"A vagabond, when rich, is called a tourist." -unknown

"To be somebody, a woman does not have to be more like a man, but has to be more of a woman." Sally E. Shaywitz, neuroscientist
poppyrocks1
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005 08:23:57 AM »

its a shame no one else has replied.. I reckon there are a lot of people on here that would like to do it Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
paradisecrane
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005 09:06:10 AM »

There was one like this before called "Japanese Street Style Swap"  maybe you can look up the thread and see who was interesed and ask if they want to do it again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone want to swap ATCs?
Visit my shop!
http://applearabesque.etsy.com/
Darian
The standard snowflake.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005 11:05:07 PM »

I'd be in, as long as it doesn't start up for a couple of weeks. I'm still on my first ever swap and can't take on another yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it! --Elwood Blues
pink_seatbelts

dirtay souf!! w00t!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005 09:18:09 AM »

i'd do it as long as it didn't start for several weeks, because school is really bogging me down right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.myspace.com/thenewbohemia <---La Vie Boheme is the shish, and you are jealous.
LadyMalice
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2005 02:43:58 PM »

id be up for it totally, but i dont think im eligable to do swaps yet
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i <3 personal swaps, anyone wanting to make me cleaves will be loved worshipped and adored until the end of time!!!!
heycallmecliche
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2005 04:54:43 PM »

This sounds really fun, but just to clarify, what sort of stuff would we make??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pink_seatbelts

dirtay souf!! w00t!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2005 05:09:16 PM »

well, like you might make a couple of things, and then throw in a couple of little things.

example. you might knit a pair of pink legwarmers, make a purse or a hat or what not, then throw in some makeup or jewlrey or whatever.

if you google harajuku fashion, it's really difficult to find. so how about i start a really generic photobucket, upload scans from the issues of kera and shojobeat that i have, and anyone else that wants to throw stuff in, pm me and i'll give you the info so you can post it.

that way everyone who dosen't know what we're talking about and/or dosen't have inspiration can just look and be amazed.

sound good?

ok. then i'll start on that right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.myspace.com/thenewbohemia <---La Vie Boheme is the shish, and you are jealous.
munchie
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2005 09:23:00 PM »

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=32996.0 thats the gallery for the last japanese street style swap.

I'l be willing to organise this as well. I started a thread before about starting a round 2 japanese street style swap but no one responded.

If anyone has access to the book or magazine fruits (newest book is fresh fruits) its just full of photos of the japanese street style. So that could be a starting point for inspiration. Another place to go is Japanaesestreets.com. like the book fruits, its full of pictures of people in the streets of japan. They have some great photos there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Flower Crown
Tiny House
Meatless Monday: Vegetarian Breakfast Taco

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...