A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
134 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Is this funny?  (Read 4826 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
sweet_assugar
« on: September 27, 2005 12:25:00 AM »

My son likes Mr. Potato Head.  He's always taking the parts and matching them with his own ( my favorite is when he sticks the spuds tongue in his mouth  Tongue).  Anyways I'm thinking of making a Mr. Potato costume for halloween.  So far I'm thinking stuffed brown felt for the body and felt for some the other pieces.     

What do you think?  Got any ideas?
Thanks in advance I look foward to see any ideas!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{enjoy the process}
Happychick
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005 05:01:40 AM »

What a cool idea! No ideas tho, sorry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

starburn
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005 05:09:47 AM »

you could use velcro for the back of the peices!!! and make all sorts of them, so that at one house he could be mad, or happy or whatever. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my new knitting blog!
http://davinshow.blogspot.com
zaum
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005 05:20:57 AM »

Yes, thats funny!  How old is he?  Just thinking the costume might not be so heavy if you stuff brown butcher paper instead of felt.. it would probably look more like a baked potato with paper though!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005 05:44:18 AM »

I love it. I'd probably try papier mache. Definitely go with the velcro, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fort_loop
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005 05:47:07 AM »

you could use velcro for the back of the peices!!! and make all sorts of them, so that at one house he could be mad, or happy or whatever. 

ditto and it's very funny
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nicegirl512
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005 06:27:15 AM »

I made a Mr Potato Head for my nephew's first halloween.  I bought terrycloth and dyed it brown (more comfortable to wear than felt) and then made a onesie out of it.  I made the face parts out of craft foam and put velcro on the back.  The terrycloth grabbed the velcro nicely.  It was so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have an Etsy Shop for my jewelry!
Ezri_B
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005 06:34:28 AM »

I made the whole family of potato heads a few years ago. I made the potato part out of this sweatshirt material that velcro stuck to very well. I then made plush body parts out of fabrics I had. Then I stuffed them and put velcro on the back. People had so much fun mixing and matching out features. I wish I could post a picture, but it was on my last computer before it crashed, and we weren't able to back it up. Very cute though! Good luck
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest- http://pinterest.com/ezrib/

Looking to increase my 1.5 in scraps for a rainbow project. If interested in swapping let me know!
sweet_assugar
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2005 06:39:08 AM »

Thank You All for the replies.  My son is two and I'm pretty sure now he will be Mr. Potato Head for Halloween.  I like the butcher paper body idea and for sure use velcro.  Any thoughts on how to make the big shoes? He still has to be able to walk though.  Maybe like a slipcover for his normal shoes,  again thanks for the encouragement.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{enjoy the process}
SassetteOPants

Equal parts sugar and salt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2005 07:54:32 AM »

I find it very distressing, that you think it's cute for a 2 year old to putting Mr Potato Head parts in his mouth.

I'd rather hear your costume ideas, GloryB.

I think this will be really cute.  I'd go with terrycloth or something similar, instead of paper--it won't tear, it will have a better shape, and if you live somewhere cold, it will be nice and warm. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...so believe when I say Im no better than you, except when I craft so I guess it aint true.

Insinuendos.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Green Tomato Pie
@Home This Weekend: Door Decor
June 20, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...