A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, it's time to show off your TREE!  Show off your flocking and garland with us this year.
Total Members: 314,813
Currently Running With Scissors:
267 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: fair isle sweater and valentine's hat  (Read 5271 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

myrLegacy
« on: September 25, 2005 05:01:29 PM »

i made color changes to both. the fair isle is fairly subtle.  i wanted more color.  the hat is made with the left over yarn.  my sister says it looks like there's a nipple on top of my head.  unfortunately, the yarn's itchy.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
BeginnerKnitter
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005 06:29:35 PM »

Love them! The cardigan looks perfect! How was it, doing the fair isle? I suppose that's one of those things that newer knitters such as myself fear.

Anyway, good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shan
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005 08:35:53 PM »

Looks great. What yarn did you use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused. - annonymous
myrLegacy
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005 10:59:56 PM »

beginnerknitter:  the fair isle was easy once i figured out how to do it.  i had to keep twisting the strands over the other ones though, so it got all tangled, and i had to untangle as i went along.  i was really intimidated about fair isle at first, but i tried to study the technique and the various ways you could hold the yarn before i tried it myself.  this one norwegian lady who'd been knitting since she was like 4 yrs old showed me how to do two handed color work, which requires you to know how to knit both continental and the american/english/british way, and if you're used to one, i think it's kinda hard to switch to another.  i don't think i would've picked this as a first fair isle trial.  it would've been easier worked in the round.  on the knitting garden website, there's a pattern for a slip stitched hat that really helped me with colorwork.

shan: i used the suggested yarn, brown sheep's in bulky.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
seizure
zombie a go go!

your words are cancer in my mouth

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005 05:47:58 AM »

that looks terrific! the orange is such a nice touch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theherocomplex.typepad.com : Knitting and Novel Writing -- what else matters?
hst
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2005 06:16:19 PM »

Wonderful!  I love the colors you chose.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PlayItGeorge
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005 07:34:13 AM »

Which shade of orange did you use, may I ask?  I just ordered some of the same yarn in um...Tiger Lily? I think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

8littlepaws.wordpress.com
myrLegacy
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005 04:19:20 PM »

Which shade of orange did you use, may I ask?  I just ordered some of the same yarn in um...Tiger Lily? I think.

i'm not quite sure Embarrassed sorry.  i don't have the tag for it anymore.  judging from the samples i found online, it might be Orange You Glad.   it's a very pumpkin-y shade.  it was just kinda in the yarn store. the color in the pic is pretty true to reality, though.  i heart orange.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005 04:21:53 PM by myrLegacy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lora_mae
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007 06:26:47 PM »

cool sweater.
but, that hat pretty much owns.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snappity-snap
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007 08:06:46 PM »

oh! love the hat! was it hard to make? im a new knitter and looking for semi-easy patterns...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.    Psalm 139:13
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Vanilla Spice Nut Mix
Meatless Monday: Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Fabric Beads

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...