A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
168 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pattern/Knitting Pricing  (Read 830 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
yahaira
« on: September 24, 2005 12:23:22 PM »

Hi all,

I had a question but Im not sure how to explain it, but here goes....I was contacted my a local designer to knit accessories and perhaps sweaters for a show.  She's going to show me sketches, together we come up with a plan, she gets me the supplies, I knit the items, and then  get payed.  Thats where my question is, how much do I charge for each item, be it a scarf or a sweater?  We both want to be fair to each other but  I have no clue where to start.  Also, Ill be knitting the items for the show but then eventually the things will be converted to machine knitting.  I'm not really designing the things, but in a way I am because all she really has is a sketch (Im assuming this part).

Any tips/suggestions are welcomed please
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog --->
www.bitterpurl.com

my store --->
www.pureknits.com
Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005 05:39:53 AM »

You're writting the pattern, she's "designing" them.  I would actually start by figuring an hourly wage.  You don't know how long they're going to take you, but you can guess based on previous similar projects.  She's really asking for your labor, so charge her accordingly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes I post at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin! Actually, really, find me almost everywhere as Lothruin!
grumpybear42
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005 11:03:35 AM »

I second that.  Decide what you would want to be paid per hour, and charge her that.  Since she is buying the materials, you don't have to figure that into the price.  Good luck.  It sounds like a pretty fun/lucrative set-up for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...