A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 313,994
Currently Running With Scissors:
415 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Funky shorts/pants combo...Who'd like to show me what you've got?  (Read 17609 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

purplepiegirl
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2005 10:28:16 AM »

Those drawings are great. love the shading.  Those are very unique,  Have you started on them yet.  I may try this. Hmmmmmm
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grapefruiit
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2005 02:41:11 AM »

oh wow that's really awesome coz i did some similar drawings a while ago except with skirts.. it was a sort of  baggy legwarmer loOk.. hmm.. hahah anyways.. yea.. i've never really thought about making any though.. my sewing skills arent really that great..  Sad    anyways.. here are the pics i drew.. doubt anyone's interested but pfft.. just in case.

sorry they're so bad.. i dont know what's wrong with me.. i just cant draw these days.. and i was real tired when i drew them so.. yeah..
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011 05:40:29 AM by photojenn - Reason: removed broken image » THIS ROCKS   Logged

krissy_bass

Scissorless Frenzy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2005 12:51:36 PM »

Yep, I've started, I just dont have pics yet.  I love those drawings Smiley Awesome!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grapefruiit
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2005 05:28:13 PM »

so you are just gonna hold em up with elastic or something? i dont really get how this wOrks..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

geniusNOTatWORK
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2005 09:18:47 PM »

those remind me of those furry rave legwarmers! nice drawings you guys! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KawaiiKatie
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008 06:11:45 AM »

I see alot of these around Japan. Jrock esque.

I made a pair out of some tight fitting dress pants and kept them together using a pretty chain thing as a garder.

:3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Seika
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008 01:43:19 PM »

My friend ended up with a pair of pants like these for belly dancing, but they have garters connecting them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieSkull
Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009 06:37:36 PM »

I ripped apart a pair of black jeans to do this. Added a knit band to the tops of the legs and put garters into the shorts and attached them to the shorts. Honestly, I love this style and with the popularity of suspenders and leggings now, they are back in style Smiley Yay!

Love your drawings, too, btw.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
JenahBear
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009 10:41:11 AM »

Is it too late to join? I didn't see any activity after april 2nd  Sad I made a pair of furry leggings for myself last year and I can just imagine a pair of denim with shorts/skirt. I think the idea is super cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
malkavian6
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2009 11:13:57 AM »

I have always wanted to make a pair of shorts/legwarmers like this. I was hoping to secure them to the shorts with D rings and straps, (i hate having to pull up leggings/stockings) and thought that putting some straps would be a good idea. That way you could also tighten them.

I am thinking about making them completely from scratch, w/o using a pair of jeans. Hopefully with in the next few days i can post a picture!

And i completely agree with the fuzzy rave legwarmers, i used to see them out a lot... but not so much anymore.

Also what i think would be cool, is to not have them so baggy, but make them a little more form fitting starting a little higher up.. And have them look like skinny jeans with a section missing, if you have them tight to your legs, then some thin elastic or something, (not too... tight though) i think would look amazing.

In fact, i think that might be the style i will make mine in!

(Your drawing is amazing, I wish i could put my ideas in the that good of a picture, i dont think i would have so much trouble communicating myself, to myself, haha)

-karyn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- karyn

Currently participating in swap(s) below!

- Ga Ga for Granny Squares :
Sent out my squares!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Updated Yardbird
Tute Tuesday: Apple Cozy
What The World Needs Now...

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...