A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 320,274
Currently Running With Scissors:
183 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 74
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ONGOING WISH LIST SWAP ROUND ONE - SIGNUP CLOSED  (Read 65865 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

taloola
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2005 06:28:10 PM »

your gonna have everyone here biting their nails off between waiting for the new list to pounce on and pics of stuffs! 

Grin

"hi my name is_____ and i am a swapaholic.  i havent swapped in 27 whole minutes. my support through this terrible time are all the wonderful craftsters out there who keep me coming back for more..."  MWAHHHH!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eowynmn
Supergirl

Hello Nurse!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: September 30, 2005 06:09:48 AM »

Dare I point out that there IS a wishlist up right now.

Also as previously stated and stated in the main thread - please keep chitter on this thread to a minimum and feel free to chat on the idea thread or the gallery thread.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftykate
« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2005 06:58:15 AM »

I agree the chatter is the most fun, but I think that's the kind of confusion our organizer wants  to avoid. Where people aren't sure if there is a list posted and who claimed who. And she's got one hell of a job keeping track of all of us who are stalking this thread. Smiley I'm just throwing this out there, but what if we chatter in black and if it's a list or a pounce to make something we type the top of post in bold blue or something? Just an idea that came to me right now, might not work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
eowynmn
Supergirl

Hello Nurse!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2005 07:34:33 AM »

I just made my second scarf ever with the thick thin stuff and its really pretty so if I can do it...nope not hard to work with.  It's pretty fun actually. 

And these are my main reasons:
1. It's easier for me to go back and track people, entries, and I know if people ship late I'm going to have to wade through the thread and pick out dates/check on things/order/etc and when the list gets up to 150 or so...wont bef un.  It doesn't effect me at all right now- but 2 weeks from now its going to be a BIG pain in my arse.  You catch my drift?  If it's a big deal and it seems as it is, then go ahead and do it, I can live either way.  If you want to go back and clean out the thread on a weekly basis - I'm ok with that too - just not everyone does it.  that's all.
2. I may be hypersensitive, but if I personally had a list out there and got read five comments about how people are asking for a new list, which has happened a few times, my feelings would be hurt.

Erica
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eowynmn
Supergirl

Hello Nurse!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2005 08:16:38 AM »

If I'm being too *anal just tell me and I will be less so - It's a habit of mine.
Then again you do want someone of that nature running this....

I'm so bad that I always schedule crafting time for one swap item before signing up for another one......

and if I knew how to add in room for a circular needle? I'd make the knitting roll - I'm not that smart though. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redpopsicles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2005 09:22:58 AM »

The knit roll doesn't have to have anything in particular about it (circular space, etc.).  I was just throwing out some ideas.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Darian
The standard snowflake.

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 30, 2005 10:55:45 AM »

I pick redpopsicles Knitter's Journal!

Ok.... My list....

1. A long Harry-Potteresque scarf (silver and dark green? silver and dark blue?)

2. A book purse

3. Pin-up playing cards

4. Scrapbooking supplies (Thanks Eowynmn!)

5. Other random long scarves, stripey or otherwise (not orange or purple, or red/black - I'm covered there. What can I say? I'm a scarf junky.)

My fave colors are red and green (and their dark variants). I tend to have more of an understated style, I think. Oh, and I'm a brand spankin new scrap-booker, so even super basic stuff is cool.  I'm in the US. Ya'll rock!

D.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005 12:21:04 PM by Darian » THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it! --Elwood Blues
eowynmn
Supergirl

Hello Nurse!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2005 11:08:34 AM »

ok ok I've changed my mind again.

HOW ABOUT THIS
you're right the chitter chatter is fun - so lets keep the chatter open

if it really puts a strain on me down the line I will ask to have it koboshed

DO NOT DELETE YOUR WISH POSTS! I need them to help track the swap, and other people need to refer back to them to remember who's wish they granted. 

those should stay forever!

ok so yes chatter - but don't go TOO over board

Do not delete wish lists

If you can bold them that would be awesome because it will pull out the important stuff.

Hope that clears all up!

Erica
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eowynmn
Supergirl

Hello Nurse!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: September 30, 2005 11:09:51 AM »

I pick redpopsicles Knitter's Journal!

Ok.... My list....

1. A long Harry-Potteresque scarf (silver and dark green? silver and dark blue?)

2. A book purse

3. Pin-up playing cards

4. Scrapbooking supplies

5. Other random long scarves (not orange or purple, or red/black - I'm covered there. What can I say? I'm a scarf junky.)

My fave colors are red and green (and their dark variants). I tend to have more of an understated style, I think. Oh, and I'm a brand spankin new scrap-booker, so even super basic stuff is cool.  I'm in the US. Ya'll rock!

D.

I want to grab your scrapbook supplies wish! boy are you going to be in for a scrappy treat
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eowynmn
Supergirl

Hello Nurse!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: September 30, 2005 11:13:39 AM »

Seriously I was a scrapbook junkie and i probably have a thousand dollars worth of supplies at home so I will send you a cool package of sampler stuff

Here's my list:

My list:

Art for my walls especially if its of romantic nature people kissing etc

A Crocheted snood - see I know the name

Any type of jewelry any colors - I love almost all jewlery (but brown and yellow gold color)

This one is far fetched - I want a stenciled shirt of the crypt keeper and underneath I want it to say "Hot Stuff" in size XL (It's for a science fiction convention next month) heheeh

A surprise of anything!

I like superheros, dinosaurs, turtles, bright colors and my favorite colors are black, hot pink, red and blue (not all necessarily together though!) but Im pretty open to anything and it can definitely be small/cheap whatever I just want to get the swap going!

Thanks again
Erica
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 74 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Homemade Sauerkraut
@Home This Weekend: Stained Chairs
Tute Tuesday: Box of Chocolates Wreath

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...