A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November Crafting Tips & Tricks: Check out Kittykill's latest DIY video, How to Make Glowing Wax Globes!
Total Members: 314,626
Currently Running With Scissors:
215 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mal's Cart Question...  (Read 3318 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

rejectedblueziti
« on: April 28, 2004 09:13:04 PM »

Hey there!  I only have one of everything on my website, usually.  Is there any way to make it so that only one person can buy that one thing?  I don't want to sell three of the same hat that I don't have, if that makes any sense.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Toast.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004 04:23:12 PM »

umm i'm pretty sure it doesn't.
i wanted to do the same thing, so if you work it out, can you let me know please?
right now i just have to go into dream weaver and change it to 'sold' straight after i recieve an order, which is pretty time consuming.
<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OldQlts
shop with me on ebay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2004 08:01:57 PM »

not that i know of. mals has a forum and the users there are pretty good about answering questions quickly, so you might post over there.

and be sure it's clear that each item is one of a kind!

you might include info such as "please email to confirm availability before ordering" or something like that.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PrairiePrimitives is my eBay ID. I tried to put a link here, but it didn't work. Sad
polishsnowmobiler

LIVIN' IT UP O.G. IN THE OC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004 06:01:24 PM »

no, the free, basic mals shopping cart doesn't do that. i had that question when i first started using that shopping cart also. but there is stuff that you can onto (for a fee) the cart, from sites like this http://www.optioncart.com/deluxe.htm.

anyways, i just put the notice on the main shopping cart page:
" Please note that additional quantities of these unique items are NOT available. Thank you! "
THIS ROCKS   Logged

plainmabel
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004 06:45:47 AM »

Placing a note right by your Add to Cart button can help as a workaround too, but I also recommend an add-on like polishsnowmobiler mentioned.

Another product, similar to Optioncart is CK Shop from http://www.cartkeeper.com, which I highly recommend.  I'm not sure how it compares price-wise to Optioncart, but both are databases that contain your product inventory and can prevent purchases of multiples.  Though even with this type of product, someone can override the quantity in the Mal's cart, which just happened to me recently.  Even so, having a database for your inventory is great -- not just in preventing purchases of multiple items, but making it tons easier for you to add new items, remove items, etc, since the pages are dynamically-generated from the DB rather than you manually creating new HTML pages all the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Plain Mabel :: Extraordinary Gifts and Accessories
Awful Cufflinks :: Everyday stuff, just better.
Who Gives A Shirt?
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2004 10:18:13 AM »

This doesn't help in terms of Mal's Carts (I'm not even sure what that refers to - help?), but the last time I checked PayPal offered the ability to link to one specific item on a webpage.  The problem there is, you lock your customers into using PayPal.  I still get a fair amount of people sending me cash or money orders, so I'm hesitant to use it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

==================
Who Gives A Shirt?
http://www.whogivesashirt.ca
==================
OldQlts
shop with me on ebay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004 10:41:08 AM »

This doesn't help in terms of Mal's Carts (I'm not even sure what that refers to - help?), but the last time I checked PayPal offered the ability to link to one specific item on a webpage.  The problem there is, you lock your customers into using PayPal.  I still get a fair amount of people sending me cash or money orders, so I'm hesitant to use it.

hi "who" ... since this is your first post in a thread, i'm not sure what sort of help you are looking for? a shopping cart? a database? help with mals? something else? many people would love to help, but we need to know what you're looking for!

i use the mals cart and each item has it's own code; that part seems similar to how you describe paypal's cart. but mal's doesn't lock their users into receiving payments in just one way.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PrairiePrimitives is my eBay ID. I tried to put a link here, but it didn't work. Sad
Who Gives A Shirt?
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2004 07:00:40 AM »

My only confusion was with the "Mal's Carts" - I may have overlooked it, but I didn't see any references or links to the relevant webpage...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

==================
Who Gives A Shirt?
http://www.whogivesashirt.ca
==================
OldQlts
shop with me on ebay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2004 07:17:06 AM »

My only confusion was with the "Mal's Carts" - I may have overlooked it, but I didn't see any references or links to the relevant webpage...

ahhh ... you don't know what we're talking about when we say mals? here ya go!

http://www.mals-e.com/

have a great day!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarah_1980
tallpoppycraft.com

tallpoppycraft.com :: Tall Poppy Craft Products

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2004 08:59:54 AM »

someone can override the quantity in the Mal's cart, which just happened to me recently

I'm currently looking at swapping from PayPal to Mal's to avoid the problem of people purchasing numerous quantities of things that I don't have.

Isn't there an optin in the Mal's html code where you can set the "quantity" box to 1. Or can't you leave out the "quantity" html code completely?

Sarah
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah
http://www.tallpoppycraft.com
Tall Poppy Craft Products :: Handbag & Purse Making Supplies
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clipboard Photo Display
Party with a Pumpkin Challenge Winner: Floral Pumpkin Centerpiece
November 15, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...